News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

Nintendo 3DS

Started by pumpy_heart, April 27, 2010, 03:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonValentino

For me, at least, the 3ds is a first-day buy, but I can wait to it´s official release instead of preordering it.  :)
I mean: yes, it´s a very cool new version of DS, but actually I´m happy with my DSi.
BTW, which fighting game would you buy, Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition or Dead or Alive: Dimensions?  ???
I can´t decide!  :D

Shadoninja

I don't care for either but I'd probably pick street fighter.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

DrP

I may end up getting the 3DS and see everything... maybe ill sell my DSi
I should be saving up for a R13 right now

fabbemannen

Quote from: WarioMan98 on January 22, 2011, 07:45:05 AMBTW, which fighting game would you buy, Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition or Dead or Alive: Dimensions?  ???
I can´t decide!  :D
Super Smash Bros 3D!

DonValentino

fabbemannen

If they annouce SSB3D, I can easily annouce that I'm buying!

SlowPokemon

They would be foolish not to; the wi-fi capabilities of the 3DS/DS would work fantastically with Super Smash Bros. Mario Kart is already so popular...
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SlowPokemon

Sorry for double posting...but crap.  This is from Nintendo's official website.

Backwards Compatibility

Almost all existing Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSi games can be played on a Nintendo 3DS system in 2D. With backwards compatibility, your existing portable games look and play just as well*.
* Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSi games will be displayed in 2D graphics. Select Nintendo DS games that use accessories in the Game Boyâ,,¢ Advance slot of the Nintendo DS system are not compatible with the Nintendo 3DS system.

So does this mean that HGSS and Diamond and Pearl aren't playable with the 3DS< or just that migrating is impossible, like the DSi?

DrP

Probably no migrating...

And im surprised there wasnt a GBA slot in the DSI... there is totally enough room to put it!

SlowPokemon

Especially considering it was originally made to hold two DS cards.

fabbemannen

Since the 3ds is as powerful as a wii, it wouldn't surprise me if it could download a gba game and play it directly without the need of a gba-cartridge

KefkaticFanatic

Meh, just get a flash cart so you can use emulators and not have to deal with Nintendo not releasing any good games on their absurdly overpriced VC.

me irl
[close]

fabbemannen

For being on an Nintendo-music site it sounds like you hate Nintendo, Kefka.
And I'm waiting with the gba games until I can emulate them on my phone

Olimar12345

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 22, 2011, 12:16:50 PMSo does this mean that HGSS and Diamond and Pearl aren't playable with the 3DS< or just that migrating is impossible, like the DSi?
i bet u can-just bring over all ur pkmn before u upgrade :)
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Meta-Ridley

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 22, 2011, 12:14:55 PMThey would be foolish not to; the wi-fi capabilities of the 3DS/DS would work fantastically with Super Smash Bros.

OK. I see where you are coming from but it doesn't work out. Trust me.
Firstly, with every SSB game there is an improvement of graphics. The 3DS has around the graphics of a gamecube. that wouldn't be an upgrade at all.
Secondly, SSB is a 2.5 D fighting game - Side on camera. This pretty much means that 3D would be useless.

I'll just wait until the new home console comes out (I've never really been a big fan of portables) and wait for the HD graphics to come my way with SSB.