News:

Are you on Discord? Join our server!

Main Menu

Nintendo 3DS

Started by pumpy_heart, April 27, 2010, 03:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Quote from: fabbemannen on January 20, 2011, 08:53:17 AMI've only cheated through OoT before, so I guess I get a good chance to play the whole game now
BAN.
Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on January 20, 2011, 07:05:05 AMYou people should try and listen to me more.
yes i know all the launch titles suck, but that isnt going to stop me from owning one at midnight on tha 27!  :P
i'll prolly end up gettn resident evil just to hold me over till a good game comes out...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

DrP

I'm usually the one to get something right from launch (GoldenEye, Civ 5, PKMN HG, DSi XL, Wii, my cellphone, my iPod)... this may be the first that I won't buy in a long time...

The launch titles are atrocious. I'd maybe buy two, one being Legend of Zelda and maybe Kid Icarus, but that's highly unlikely.

I'll just wait for the holiday season for the price to drop to something a bit more reasonable. 3D is awesome, but I have more places where I need to put money in (perhaps food or other collegiate expenses) -- If I get a summer job/a massive financial aid refund, then maybe...

Olimar12345

Quote from: drpamplemousse on January 20, 2011, 11:34:28 AMI'm usually the one to get something right from launch (GoldenEye, Civ 5, PKMN HG, DSi XL, Wii, my cellphone, my iPod)... this may be the first that I won't buy in a long time...

just curious, why the dsixl? it didnt do anything different and  it probably had the shortest time as "the new ds console" of them all. atleast the ds lite had some minor things, like brighter screens and a power button u dont hit while pressing up on the d-pad...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Shadoninja

I like my DSi Xl. I like the bigger screens, the soft reset, and the fact that I can use it as a portable music player.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Jub3r7

Quote from: JubI'm looking forward to the Kid Icarus Launch Title...
Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on January 19, 2011, 07:17:39 PMIt's not a goddamn launch title.
Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on January 20, 2011, 07:05:05 AMYou people should try and listen to me more.

:|
Quote from: drpamplemousse on January 20, 2011, 11:34:28 AMThe launch titles are atrocious. I'd maybe buy two, one being Legend of Zelda and maybe Kid Icarus, but that's highly unlikely.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Shadoninja

http://www.theredshell.com/nintendo/ds/list-of-nintendo-3ds-launch-titles-.php
"These are the first-party 3DS launch titles that Nintendo is showing at E3:
* Kid Icarus: Uprising, the long-awaited franchise follow-up to the NES classic.
* Mario Kart..."
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6280046.html

Unspecified 2011
Kid Icarus: Uprising--Nintendo
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D - The Naked Sample--Konami

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6286117.html
launch titles for japan

TBA 2011
Myth Parutena Mirror Shin Akira (Kid Icarus: Uprising) - Nintendo

http://gamer.blorge.com/2010/10/02/nintendo-3ds-launch-titles-revealed/
"Other games confirmed but not yet dated include Kid Icarus: Uprising, Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D â€" The Naked Sample, Star Fox 64 3D, Paper Mario, Mario Kart, and two Resident Evil titles."

http://www.geek.com/articles/games/nintendo-3ds-launch-titles-for-north-america-20110120/
The good news is that the release list is looking relatively strong at the moment, with 30+ titles promised for the “launch window” (March 27 â€" the E3 Expo June). Not all of those will necessarily launch on day one though.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Nintendo-Confirms-3DS-Launch-Titles-Including-Zelda-and-Street-Fighter-158963.shtml

"Later in 2011 the platform is also set to get Kid Icarus: Uprising from Nintendo and Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D - The Naked Sample from Konami"

I think it's safe to assume it's probably not a launch title.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

DrP

Quote from: olimar12345 on January 20, 2011, 12:41:38 PMjust curious, why the dsixl? it didnt do anything different and  it probably had the shortest time as "the new ds console" of them all. atleast the ds lite had some minor things, like brighter screens and a power button u dont hit while pressing up on the d-pad...

My original DS ran its course and died... the battery basically fried itself. It died around the time the DSi XL came out, and I had this amazon giftcard I had to use, so I thought "Get a DSi" and then changed it up to a DSi XL when I learned about its existence. I still have a working DS Lite, so I just kept that one, too. I do like the big screens in it. That was a plus.

Winter

Quote from: Shadoninja on January 20, 2011, 01:45:38 PMI like my DSi Xl. I like the bigger screens, the soft reset, and the fact that I can use it as a portable music player.

My DSi was my music player for almost a year.

Not to mention it's still my alarm, occasionally camera, and sometimes web browser.

KefkaticFanatic

I stopped bothering with setting alarms after I would set two on my alarm clock, 5 on my phone, and one on my DS and still not actually get up after I woke up to them.  I \developed an impulse reaction where I jerk out of bed, turn off the alarms, and go back to sleep.

But for normal alarm use, the DS works rather well.

me irl
[close]

Jub3r7

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on January 20, 2011, 09:32:43 PMI stopped bothering with setting alarms after I would set two on my alarm clock, 5 on my phone, and one on my DS and still not actually get up after I woke up to them.  I \developed an impulse reaction where I jerk out of bed, turn off the alarms, and go back to sleep.

But for normal alarm use, the DS works rather well.
I think I overslept one day because... I turned off the DS alarm in my sleep. :P
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

DrP

My DS has just been a game player... I have an iPod for music, an iPod Touch for more music, apps and alarm and my phone has an alarm and some music. I have a Rebel XTi for photos and my cell... so the DS really doesn't do much for me

fabbemannen

gameconsoles are for gaming ;)
I stick with my phone for the rest :P

KefkaticFanatic

Did you look at any other cameras besides the XTi?

I've been considering getting a used XSi for a little while :o

I mean, I'd like a T2i but don't really have the money to spend on it -.-

me irl
[close]

DrP

the XTi was a gift... about 4 years ago. T2is are nice, but 900 bucks for a camera right now... like you said, I just don't have the money

What really sucks is that it uses a CF card and the new ones use SD... and it's hard to find CF cards now (well, Amazon has them). I like Canons... never been a Nikon fan (I think Sony makes SLRs, too, but meh)

Before I got my cellphone (which was the reason why I got it) was that I was in the market for just a normal P&S digital camera. I saw the 8MP lens on my phone and I got that.