News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Create a banner for NSM -contest!

Started by Jamaha, April 25, 2010, 05:02:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamaha

Greetings,
As some of you might have noticed, the banner is kinda outdated and should have been replaced ages ago but...whoops.

Anyway, now's your chance to help NSM look a bit better, as we're having a banner-making contest. So, now for the details!

Who?
You.

What?
A new banner for NSM. Instructions:
* Contains the name "NinSheetMusic"
* No reference to the domain for obvious reasons
* 200px tall and 1-1000px wide
* Fades to color #B1C6D6 on the right side for browser windows wider than the banner, this also allows the width to be anything less than 1000px
* PNG format preferable

When?
The deadline is the next Sunday, May 2nd

How?
Return your submissions via email to jarimatti@gmail.com or PM to JaMaHa

Why?
There are no other rewards but getting to see your banner on the page. So in a sense this is more like a call for aid than a contest.

KefkaticFanatic

wut, JaMaHa is (halfway) doing work?

me irl
[close]

SuperFireKirby

SFK is intrested, time to get back on gimp i suppose.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

dahans

Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

HugoMeister

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

Sir Awesomesauce

Do you want it to incorporate music and video game elements? Or do you not really care as long as it fits with NSM's style and looks good?
You should read my post, it's probably above this.

Nintendude73

Quote from: Sir Awesomesauce on April 25, 2010, 01:22:57 PMDo you want it to incorporate music and video game elements? Or do you not really care as long as it fits with NSM's style and looks good?
I would say just use your best judgment.  The current one has no references to video games, but I don't think it necessarily needs to incorporate music elements either.  I think including something related to a piano isn't a bad idea since that's the only instrument we host, but I wouldn't let that hold you back if you've got a better idea.

Great idea, JaMaHa!

Jamaha

There are no official criteria for what kind of themes to include.

Nintendude73

Cobraroll

^One of the criteria is that it has to blend in with the blue... so if we were going to change site colours, we'd have to change the criteria... thus rendering a lot of submissions useless.

So I say the submissions should be adapted to the blue, not vice versa.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Sir Awesomesauce

Quote from: Cobraroll on April 25, 2010, 01:56:06 PM^One of the criteria is that it has to blend in with the blue... so if we were going to change site colours, we'd have to change the criteria... thus rendering a lot of submissions useless.

So I say the submissions should be adapted to the blue, not vice versa.
Ganondorf playing an organ doesn't blend with blue. :(
You should read my post, it's probably above this.

aquaurchin99

I don't really use Photoshop very much, but I'll see what I can do if I get a chance.  If flashflashrevolution (ddr arrowkeys game) was back online I would go asksome of my friends over there haha.

Nakah

Quote from: aquaurchin99 on April 27, 2010, 12:10:33 PMI don't really use Photoshop very much, but I'll see what I can do if I get a chance.  If flashflashrevolution (ddr arrowkeys game) was back online I would go asksome of my friends over there haha.

Who do you know from there? Any oldies that are a part of FFya?

Meta-Ridley

I think it should have most of the main nintendo characters on it, such as mario, kirby, pikachu and samus.
And In the background is a big keyboard