News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

The future of NSM

Started by Cobraroll, April 10, 2010, 01:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you arrange non-piano sheet music? (Please don't vote if you don't arrange)

Yes, I've done some sheets
18 (48.6%)
No, but I would like to
7 (18.9%)
No, just piano
12 (32.4%)

Total Members Voted: 34

The Deku Trombonist

You've inserted a couple of unnecessary steps there. You only need to open the .mus file in Finale and then print it using CutePDF. Voila!

Anyway, if this whole PDF conversion idea comes to fruition, I'm quite happy to volunteer to do some converting.  ;)

Maretocks

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on June 01, 2010, 04:25:28 AMYou've inserted a couple of unnecessary steps there. You only need to open the .mus file in Finale and then print it using CutePDF. Voila!
Even easier. :D I never used Finale tho. :P I hear it's much easier if you use a digital piano as opposed to clicky clicky. :P

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on June 01, 2010, 04:25:28 AMAnyway, if this whole PDF conversion idea comes to fruition, I'm quite happy to volunteer to do some converting.  ;)
Same.
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

The Deku Trombonist

I wouldn't know about that, I can't play piano. I just "clicky clicky" my way through arranging.

Maretocks

That's the main reason I don't do it. :P
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

Oni-Link

I used to play piano but I got out of practice D:

Cobraroll

Quote from: Maretocks on June 01, 2010, 04:17:55 AMall it would take is a bit of dedicated effort to convert the current sheets.

There's where the problem lies.

Actually, I would happily volunteer if my PC hadn't broke down. Remind me of this post once I get a new one, will you?
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Cobraroll on June 01, 2010, 05:48:55 AMThere's where the problem lies.
There is also the problem of adding extra versions of arrangements which are crap to start off with. Hence, although I am quite willing to spend time converting sheets to Pdf's, I am reluctant to convert bad sheets that will hopefully be replaced anyway.

Master_Z

This place is one of the most underrated and unappreciated websites out there. There is an abundance of well-done sheet music and talented composers here. I've been coming here for years for my musical needs. I want to help you guys out. If there are any support banners, I'll gladly put them on my signature on forums (Nintendo Nsider, Pokecommunity, etc.) and help advertise. I'll also try to begin making contributions once I purchase a copy of Finale. Keep at it, guys, and don't give up -- this community is amazing.

KefkaticFanatic

Lol, Nsider.  I remember that.

me irl
[close]

Concerto No.20 in D minor

Okay everybody.  In 3 weeks...THREE weeks, there is going to be a major project for NSM; and I'll need everyone's help.  I'll let you know more in 2 weeks.  : D

Cobraroll

Three weeks...

*counts on fingers*

Darn, I'll be away for a week from the 26th on.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

dahans

Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Maretocks

I'm excited.

*Jumps happily*
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

Oni-Link

Maretocks

Quote from: Oni-Link on June 06, 2010, 04:06:26 AMI wish I could help.
I'd type up a wartime propaganda speech right now, but it's late.
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>