News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

The new DSi XL

Started by Taser9090, March 06, 2010, 03:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreezeFlame

Quote from: universe-X on March 06, 2010, 08:57:48 PMnew games for DSi

See, this is why I think Nintendo is a bit cheap.  They make a new model of a popular system, and begin making games only for it.  It forces you to buy these just to play the games that could be made for earlier models.

universe-X

hey, you have to admit, it's pretty clever...

FreezeFlame

Quote from: universe-X on March 06, 2010, 09:16:49 PMhey, you have to admit, it's pretty clever...

So true.  I guess you have to expect that all these huge corporations would do anything for money.

Taser9090

I heard that Nintendo will continue to make *mostly* regular DS games, while some other 3rd party companies will make use of the DSi-only games.

I also don't like carrying my DS around, because most people think it's childish, and the PSP is more mature.
I sometimes bring my DS when I go outside with my friends.

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

universe-X

I don't care what anyone thinks about it, I'll bring it anyway. I don't see how the PSP is any better, to be honest. (Feel free to prove me wrong)

KefkaticFanatic

H4x to make it run Cave Story, SNES, PSX, N64, NES, GBA, etc games on it.

Also, there are at least 10 fantastic games for it.

Not that it's better, but it's not really worse.  Oh, and the huge screen is pretty, good for watching films plus games :D

me irl
[close]

universe-X

Ah, forgot about the film stuff :P

Would this topic be a good place to talk about the PSPgo too?

KefkaticFanatic

Meh.  It's pretty, but no UMD makes me a sad panda.  Of course, once it's easily cracked that concern will disappear, but now it's just eh.

me irl
[close]

universe-X

Not much of an improvement, it's like the opposite of the DSi XL

KefkaticFanatic

Yes, more portable, easier to get downloadable content on.

So actually a semi-useful upgrade.  Built in 16GB with expandable memory is also very nice.

me irl
[close]

Concerto No.20 in D minor

DSi XL, it would be nice to have a bigger screen for those DS games, though it being only $20 less than the Wii is a bit crazy.  The PSPgo?  Basically the reincarnation of the GameBoy Micro; but in all I'll still with my DSi and PSP phat.

universe-X

DSi, so far the only way I can portably talk to people on the internet ;)

Taser9090

Quote from: universe-X on March 07, 2010, 08:18:43 PMDSi, so far the only way I can portably talk to people on the internet ;)
Really? It takes a long time to load the whole page.
I use my phone :P

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

universe-X

Not really if you know which websites to go to.

I go here all the time :D

Nana1Popo2

I do have to agree with some of you by saying that all these add-ons for the DS is getting kind of annoying and pointless...... however, me being big-handed, I guess a bigger DSi could be handy... (ha).

but, that's also kind of why i have the good ol' DS; and haven't gotten rid of it. its bigger, and i wouldnt want to waste my money on something that is smaller, probably less helpful to me, and does pretty much the only thing i need the DS to do; play games.
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16