Concerto No.20 in D minor

I loved PHG, I'm really excited to play Spirit Tracks XD

HugoMeister

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Taser9090

I'm still new to this site, but I'm not sure if I should make a new topic for Spirit Tracks or just recycle this one, since it is the "newest" topic.

I think Spirit Tracks is a TERRIBLE game. No offense to Zelda lovers, I'm a Zelda fan myself (not to mention a HUGE Nintendo fan). Using a slow train to escape fast trains that kill you, doing the five tedious tasks: Getting the Spirit Tracks, and the boss.
The boss level is really stupid. I didn't even get past the demon train! And before that, you have to play a stupid minigame that's like Pac-Man. Just trying to break the trains. REALLY tedious.

I am disguisted by this game. I was excited to play this, but it was a big mistake. I'll just continue my adventure in the Wind Waker.

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

Roz~

Well it's not that bad... of course it's not a great game, but I've seen worse. Oh, and if you couldn't escape those fast trains, well there's a problem, since I managed to do it every time, and I'm not the only one. SP was a lot better than PH imho.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Taser9090

I kind of liked Phantom Hour Glass better. It still had the same Link and Zelda. Even the crew isn't old. It was like the Wind Waker, kind of.

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

Zintendo

ME:  ???  >:(  :'(

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU GUYS?  The only bad zelda games should be the Unholy Triforce.  That being the 3 CD-i Zelda games.  In case you didn't know, Spirit Tracks is a handheld, I don't know why you would compare it to the Windwaker, you know, the Gamecube being 10 times as big as a DS, it's unfair.  The games just like any other zelda game, you beat dungeons and collect items, it's just the nostalgia of playing Ocarina of Time is great then a new experience for a lot of you.  Try to look past that yeah? 
Take a look, to the sky, just before you die.  It's the last time you will.

Seeker

You don't need cool hardware to have a good game with a good story. Example: FF1-6, ALttP, Link's Awakening, and Donkey Kong Country. So I give it no concessions for being on an 'inferior' system. I don't like it because it's not fun. We were able to "look past" the nostalgia with WW and TP, so our dislike of PH and ST is clearly for other reasons.

Also: Other Zelda games made sense, had a good pace, and were at least moderately difficult.
This is a signature.

SirIngusBingus

Quote from: Zintendo on April 02, 2010, 11:31:11 AMI don't know why you would compare it to the Windwaker

Phantom Hourglass is compared to WW because they were based off of the same setting and style. ST is compared to PH because they are both on the DS. Besides, I've played plenty of DS games that were just as in-depth as many of the best Gamecube games, including FFIV and the new Pokemon. Both were more vast than, say, Luigi's Mansion, so hardware is obviously not an issue to make an immersive and in-depth game.

Quote from: Zintendo on April 02, 2010, 11:31:11 AMThe games just like any other zelda game

But it's not. There's no Hyrule Field to explore, no world-spanning side quests to follow, fewer dungeons, poorer characters, and nothing particularly special about it. The game doesn't seem like a Zelda game, but rather like a similar game with Link slapped into it.

Seeker

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on April 02, 2010, 05:25:31 PMThe game doesn't seem like a Zelda game, but rather like a similar game with some guy wearing green clothes slapped into it.
Fixed.

I have to admit though, I was very excited for about the first ten minutes. Old Niko was absolutely amazing.
This is a signature.

Ruto

While the game doesn't have the best Zelda feel of them all, it has

1) Linebeck III
2) the whip
3) mine carts (Link landing on his face lol)
4) Zelda actively helping you
5) Phantom-speak
6) the Goron boy

Which is still pretty good even without an overworld you can walk on. I'd actually like that very much...

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

SirIngusBingus

Quote from: Ruto on April 02, 2010, 09:52:20 PM4) Zelda actively helping you

That actually really bothered me above all. I absolutely hated her role in this game. She went from a respectable, regal Hyrulian monarch to a cross between Navi and a 12-year-old-girl.

Quote from: Seeker on April 02, 2010, 06:10:59 PMI have to admit though, I was very excited for about the first ten minutes. Old Niko was absolutely amazing.

That's true.

Taser9090

Quote from: Seeker on April 02, 2010, 11:57:03 AMWe were able to "look past" the nostalgia with WW and TP, so our dislike of PH and ST is clearly for other reasons.
I kind of liked PH a little bit.

Quote from: Seeker on April 02, 2010, 06:10:59 PMI have to admit though, I was very excited for about the first ten minutes. Old Niko was absolutely amazing.
It was exciting. But after those minutes, I was wondering, "What is this? Is this Link? It doesn't sound like him..."

I only liked ST because of it's cel graphics and it's humor.
The game is really repetative. "You must get the Spirit Tracks", "Oh, glad to see you're back. Go get these Spirit Tracks". Getting the item, and going back is like any other LoZ game, but this one was just tedious. There's always a monster in the way when you need to get the item or whatever, and then there's a dungeon... and the train is so slow and boring!

I have yet to beat that dumb Pac-man like game where you get those yellow tear things (I only beat it once, but then the Demon king killed me).
I seriously do not want to kill those stupid trains who are faser than you.

So... yeah. The game is a chore if you want to beat it.

Ruto

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on April 03, 2010, 10:32:34 AMThat actually really bothered me above all. I absolutely hated her role in this game. She went from a respectable, regal Hyrulian monarch to a cross between Navi and a 12-year-old-girl.

Hey somebody likes adult Zelda! XD

I did like the idea of Zelda actually helping you but sometimes it did get annoying. Like the whole fear of rats. I'd also have to attack her to make her move faster sometimes (with a whip if Link is on her back, lol). If this game had the 20 year old Zelda following you the whole game, I wouldn't like it very much. She just couldn't shoot >__>

Old Niko was great. Unfortunately I took any links to PH/WW too seriously such as mistaking Linebeck III for Linebeck and Anjean with Tetra. Now what about PH/WW Link..?

The train was really annoying though. The warps didn't help at all since they were in the middle of nowhere. At least in the other games you could be near a landmark when you warp. The humor in the game nearly made it worth buying. (Nearly)

QuoteI have yet to beat that dumb Pac-man like game where you get those yellow tear things (I only beat it once, but then the Demon king killed me).
I seriously do not want to kill those stupid trains who are faser than you.

I'd save right after I beat those trains (you can still return to the overworld if you don't save during Malladus). The worst is yet to come, sorry.  Right in between parts 1 and 2 of the Malladus fight you have to play the ST overworld theme (?) on the panpipes. Gah! I was so out of breath from trying that Malladus just beat me.

...Oh yeah and I forgot Byrne in the list.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Taser9090

I finally beat the game, but I was expecting the last battle to be better.
It was challenging with the rocks and all...