We all saw it coming... Pokémon's fifth generation announced

Started by Cobraroll, February 07, 2010, 12:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Roz~ on July 11, 2010, 06:37:11 PMI like breeding too, but it usually is too long for the eggs to hatch, so I use the fast hatch code. And since I breed for good IVs, I have to breed a lot of eggs, so with the AR I can save a lot of time.

I keep a Slugma/Magmar in the party, which does shorten the time significantly. ;)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Roz~

I used to do that too. But still, when breeding a Munchlax, you still have over 2000 steps for it to hatch. I prefer using the AR code for that, since the egg is legit anyway.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Cobraroll

Quote from: Roz~ on July 12, 2010, 06:27:49 AMLet's say you hack parents for breeding a Blissey for example. You then create a flawless Blissey and a flawless Ditto via Pokesav, and use them for breeding. The egg you'll receive will be legit of course. But usually people, like on smogon, don't like this method, because it's not fair for those who try really hard to get good parents by legit means. So basically you can if you plan on keeping them for you, but don't go and trade them. I personally don't do that, but if a friend asks me to breed a pokemon, I may, since I don't have that much free time. :P

Well, this is my case:

A friend of mine has a Pokémon game on an M3 card. With it, he can set natures, IVs, and encountered Pokémon as he wishes. He can alter levels and EVs as well, but doesn't. So far, I've got one perfect-IV'd Pokémon from him, a lvl 5 Bagon. I could, in theory, get the same Pokémon at a higher level (or lvl 1, but that's one single match away), by wandering around in the grass for month, capturing every Bagon I see, and IV checking them the strenous way, then pray it has the right nature too. It might feel a lot more rewarding, but is essentially a waste of time. From the point of getting the Pokémon, to it being a battle-ready lvl 100 perfectly trained one, I have to do it all the "natural" way. Cheating? Sure, but I don't wi-fi battle anyway. It's just for fun.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Roz~

Quote from: Cobraroll on July 12, 2010, 07:49:25 AMWell, this is my case:

A friend of mine has a Pokémon game on an M3 card. With it, he can set natures, IVs, and encountered Pokémon as he wishes. He can alter levels and EVs as well, but doesn't. So far, I've got one perfect-IV'd Pokémon from him, a lvl 5 Bagon. I could, in theory, get the same Pokémon at a higher level (or lvl 1, but that's one single match away), by wandering around in the grass for month, capturing every Bagon I see, and IV checking them the strenous way, then pray it has the right nature too. It might feel a lot more rewarding, but is essentially a waste of time. From the point of getting the Pokémon, to it being a battle-ready lvl 100 perfectly trained one, I have to do it all the "natural" way. Cheating? Sure, but I don't wi-fi battle anyway. It's just for fun.

You can easily abuse for shininess and for the nature you want with the RNG reporter, and it's not cheating, because this program tells you what to do so the egg comes out as you want to. With that I bred some shinies with nice IVs, and they're legit. As long as you don't trade and battles with those Pokemon, then I guess it doesn't matter.

DrP

I'm still trying out PokéSAV... tried to make a Chikorita yesterday, but playing around with IVs, EVs and everything else, it all got confuzzling. I'll get it eventually, but when the pokémon arrived on my game card, some of the fields of its personal info were filled with question marks... all well, ill get it better next time!

Roz~

The question marks were there because you probably didn't fill in some information. It's kinda confusing at first, but actually it's not that hard :P My friend asked me to create so many Pokemon that now I'm pretty good at it, even though I don't use it for myself. There are some tutorials on Youtube if you need help with creating a Pokemon.

DrP

SlowPokemon

On an unrelated subject.

I like Munna's evolution. And the chinchilla Pokemon is still adorable.

Cobraroll

^How is that not related to the topic?  :D

I think these games rely too much on servers, as do possibly the Gen. IV games, but I haven't checked deep enough in the mechanics. Servers go offline when the games are outdated, and without the global functions, the game isn't as fun any more. In Gen. IV, there aren't that many global functions, but it looks like there will be a lot of them in Black&White. When the servers one day are turned off, we're left with half the game.

Any thoughts/corrections on this?
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

DrP

Quote from: Cobraroll on July 13, 2010, 08:25:02 AM^How is that not related to the topic?  :D

I think these games rely too much on servers, as do possibly the Gen. IV games, but I haven't checked deep enough in the mechanics. Servers go offline when the games are outdated, and without the global functions, the game isn't as fun any more. In Gen. IV, there aren't that many global functions, but it looks like there will be a lot of them in Black&White. When the servers one day are turned off, we're left with half the game.

Any thoughts/corrections on this?

seems more about right... spot on actually! I was looking at the August 2010 CoroCoro release on Serebii... this game relies a lot on the global system, but they've included features through the infared catches on the game cartridges (so you actually can trade pokémon straight over infared FROM PC BOXES)... the internal game storyline is not to be used over Wi-Fi, however. The global thing is a overly glorified Pokéwalker where you can battle other trainers and play minigames with your Pokémon... its called a "dream world", basically when a Pokémon sleeps and dreams, but you control it.

Other global features:
# Using Infared, you have the ability of having speedy battles. This can be 2 or 4 Player. You can also trade this way on the spot from your box. You can automatically exchange friend codes over IR
# You have the ability to draw on your friends faces over the Live Caster video chat. Characters in game will also call you on the Live Caster from time to time
# There is also a gentleman in the game which will switch your game from the standard Hiragana/Katakana text to Kanji
# There is a feature called Feeling Check that checks players compatibility. One of the things it shows is a game where two people have to keep the same rythmn
# The High Link features mentioned yesterday have also been further confirmed and will involve meeting players over WiFi in the Isshu overworld and doing missions for them. This is as close to a MMORPG as we'll get
# The C Gear as we knew has abilities in InfraRed, Wireless & WiFi

SlowPokemon

What exactly IS the c Gear? Is it physically an add-on? Or is it in the game?

DrP

Its a key item, i believe... and I have no idea what it does. all i know is that it interacts with the global servers and Wi-Fi some way

SlowPokemon

DrP

I also found out... "Since Isshu is a faraway place, they are renaming the routes beginning at Route 1"

This is not fair!! You're taking that away from Kanto (at least add a letter in front... thats what I did with the region I created... used the latter half of the routes from Hoenn and added single digit routes with a prefix of N)

SlowPokemon

Wow. They really are restarting...

I just had a horrible thought. What if they don't bring any old Pokemon into Isshu? :O

No Pikachu...