News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

We all saw it coming... Pokémon's fifth generation announced

Started by Cobraroll, February 07, 2010, 12:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Haha, new batch of info. And the Japanese release date is September 18th.
You can check out the new stuff in today's headline on http://serebii.net/index2.shtml
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SuperFireKirby

Sweet.  But PokePark: Pikachu's Adventures? Really? -_-

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Nana1Popo2

^ the only reason I seem interested in that game, is because it looks like I get to run around as a pokemon and explore, which... we havent been able to do in 3D yet.. (excluding, of course, the Pokemon Dungeon games)
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

SlowPokemon

Eh, looks like a Genius Sonority game to me. Like Battle Revolution. Not very good, but something I'd consider buying just because of my Pokefanatic nature.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on June 28, 2010, 07:02:28 AM^ the only reason I seem interested in that game, is because it looks like I get to run around as a pokemon and explore, which... we havent been able to do in 3D yet.. (excluding, of course, the Pokemon Dungeon games)
Its for the Wii, not the 3DS. And I'm pretty sure the Wii lacks the ability to play 3D games.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

SlowPokemon

Have y'all seen that there are going to be triple battles in black and white yet? Or is this old news?

If you don't know yet...
http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pics.shtml

click on the two pictures labeled "Triple Battle something" under the date 27/06/10. Near the bottom.

DrP

the triple battles seem exciting... every generation, they release new (and more astounding) ways to battle!

Just a little over two months to the Japanese release date!

SlowPokemon

Too bad I don't speak Japanese... T.T
Still, the new Pokemon will be posted online. Pokemon spoilers ftw!

DrP

YES! I have an RSS feed of bulbanews, so they show all the new pokémon on bulbapedia!

If you look <------ you may see somthing familiar in the japanese characters!

What Gen V starter is your favorite?

SlowPokemon

Tsutaja - hope that's right, but it doesn't matter; that's not its english name. I like the grass one because I ALWAYS start with grass. Unless I'm looking for a change. But on my first time playing a region, I always start with grass.

But my second favorite - very rare - is the fire one, Pokabu. It's so cute! The grass is cool, the fire is cute, and the water is weird but likable.
I love the chinchilla Pokemon, planning on training it along with the ground/dark crocodile. As well as the zebra (possibly) and I also want the one that looks like a sarcophagus. It looks cool!!!!

In case you don't know who any of those are...
http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml
Serebii's new Pokemon page. I'm so psyched!

DrP

I would probably choose the same. this would be the first time I start a generation with grass

I chose Squirtle for Gen I
I chose Cyndaquil for Gen II
I chose Mudkip for Gen III
and I chose Piplup for Gen IV

but I just have to put it out there, the water starter is not the best looking pokemon out there. What I do want to see are their evolutionary forms, and I'll make my final decision from that

SlowPokemon

Let's see... Ruby - Treecko
Sapphire - never got it.
Emerald - played a billion times, Treecko 90% of the time, Mudkip 5%. The other 5% I don't train my starter.
LeafGreen - Bulbasaur 95%. I started with Squirtle once.
FireRed - only been through once. Started with Charmander. I like Squirtle better though. And I like Bulbasaur better than that.
Blue - Squirtle 50%, Bulbasaur 50%
Red - never finished; gave it to my brother
Silver - Chikorita
SoulSilver - Chikorita.
HeartGold - Started with Chikorita, traded a Totodile and Cyndaquil egg from my SoulSilver. As well as Larvitar and Misdreavus.

*takes a breath*

DrP

just to make it easier to type out, i have every version of the American released Pokémon games for handheld systems, and I have tried every starter. Playing Gold/Silver with a Chikorita is pretty hard since half of the gyms have types super effective against grass types

SlowPokemon

Yup. And when I first got the Pokemon games I would only train my starter. Going through ruby and silver with Chikorita and Treecko is harder than it sounds. And it sounds hard.