News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

We all saw it coming... Pokémon's fifth generation announced

Started by Cobraroll, February 07, 2010, 12:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HugoMeister

Quote from: Cobraroll on May 28, 2010, 02:47:29 PMI'm starting to suspect that this is Nintendo's way to test the consumers. How bad can things be while people still are paying for it?

Stop complaining or go away. Some people actually enjoy the new stuff.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: HugoMeister on May 28, 2010, 03:14:55 PMStop complaining or go away. Some people actually enjoy the new stuff.

Seriously. This is really irritating me. With Hoenn as my favorite region I love the new stuff. Sinnoh is admittedly my least favorite, but I like the Pokemon. And I love all seven of the 5th gen ones. >:( You can have an opinion, just don't go tellin' people like me what to think.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Roz~

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Taser9090

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 28, 2010, 03:19:15 PMSeriously. This is really irritating me. With Hoenn as my favorite region I love the new stuff. Sinnoh is admittedly my least favorite, but I like the Pokemon. And I love all seven of the 5th gen ones. >:( You can have an opinion, just don't go tellin' people like me what to think.
I love the new Pokemon. It doesn't matter what they look like, we just need more types of animals/plants/whatever.
I want to catch 'em all. Really.

I wish there won't be too many Legendaries in this game like in the 4th generation. Soon they will have to make up what those Pokemon do to the Pokeworld :\

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

Nana1Popo2

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 28, 2010, 02:50:33 PMThere's a rumor floating around Serebii that there will be a new Type (Light-Type). If it's true I'm guessing that's Reshiram's Type.

Now That'd be cool, actually. Then we'd have balanced types; Dark type/Light Type.
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

SlowPokemon

Yup. I'm guessing Reshiram is Light, and Zekrom is Dark. Makes sense. :P

EDIT (and not one you guys may like): It has been confirmed that Reshiram and Zekrom are both Dragon-Type. It is, however, unknown if they are a secondary type as well. But, they can be compared to Dialga and Palkia even more...

Oni-Link

Just saw the http://www.pokemon-sp.jp/series/bw/#/legend page.
GAWD THOSE LOOK COOL.
And the tail of Zerkom also looks sorta like a combination of an airplane rocket or whatever (The ones under the wings) and a black-colored bumblebee body.

Cobraroll

I thought the Dark type was introduced to balance out the domination of Psychic types in Generation I?

If Reshiram turns out to be Dragon/Psychic, it would be awesome. I can't remember if there are any Pokémon at the moment with this typing, but it would be quite the combination.

Zekrom could be Dragon/Dark, another unused combination as of now. If so, I'd already guess it would have a massive Attack stat. If it's Dragon/Rock, it could be a physical behemoth both attack- and defense-wise.

Though, based on its colour alone, I'd say Dragon/Dark is the most likely.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Oni-Link

Quote from: Cobraroll on May 30, 2010, 01:12:24 AMI thought the Dark type was introduced to balance out the domination of Psychic types in Generation I?

If Reshiram turns out to be Dragon/Psychic, it would be awesome. I can't remember if there are any Pokémon at the moment with this typing, but it would be quite the combination.

Zekrom could be Dragon/Dark, another unused combination as of now. If so, I'd already guess it would have a massive Attack stat. If it's Dragon/Rock, it could be a physical behemoth both attack- and defense-wise.

Though, based on its colour alone, I'd say Dragon/Dark is the most likely.
But if there was a Light type, then it could probably be super effective against Dark and vice-a-versa, since Psychic moves have no effect on Dark types, but Dark moves have super effectiveness on Psychic types.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Cobraroll on May 30, 2010, 01:12:24 AMIf Reshiram turns out to be Dragon/Psychic, it would be awesome. I can't remember if there are any Pokémon at the moment with this typing, but it would be quite the combination.

Latios and Latias are the only ones.

Cobraroll

And I call myself a Pokémon expert...  :-[ I think I'm starting to lose it...
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Cobraroll on May 30, 2010, 12:26:49 PMAnd I call myself a Pokémon expert...  :-[ I think I'm starting to lose it...

Yesss... succumb to the insanity.... GWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

...I'm not crazy.

...Much.

Oni-Link

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 30, 2010, 02:08:46 PMYesss... succumb to the insanity.... GWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

...I'm not crazy.

...Much.
I believe you...

(not really)

SlowPokemon

That's okay!
You'll all know who you should have believed soon enough...

*mutters happily to self*