News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

We all saw it coming... Pokémon's fifth generation announced

Started by Cobraroll, February 07, 2010, 12:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oni-Link

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Oni-Link on May 27, 2010, 03:03:25 PMI used to.
But then...

lol. My friend goes practically insane whenever someone mentions 4chan. Quote from him -

Hell is made up of three things - the condemned, the Devil (aka Mr. Clark, the band director at our high school), and... 4chan.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Cobraroll

Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Cobraroll on May 28, 2010, 11:23:11 AMNo... no... no, please, FSM, no...

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

A CHICKEN and a Palkia clone!

Pleeeease...

I think those are really cool, actually. I like the white one - who will apparently be in Pokemon Black lol.

Cobraroll

^Haha, I didn't see that at first. Makes the ridicule complete, then.

And, by looking further at them, I've found out that I like them even less than I did initially.
Another link, by the way: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Black_and_White_Legendaries_revealed

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SlowPokemon

And here's the official site... but there's really nothing there.
Their Japanese names and English names are ONE. :o

http://www.pokemon.com/blackwhite/en/

dahans

Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

SuperFireKirby

Disappointed. Hoped for some yin yang themed pokemon legendaries.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Cobraroll

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 28, 2010, 01:00:47 PMTheir Japanese names and English names are ONE. :o

Actually, if you look it up, you'll see that this is true for most of the legendary Pokémon. Behold the Japanese names of the legendaries so far, in National Dex order:
Freezer
Thunder
Fire
Mewtwo
Mew

Entei
Raikou
Suicune
Lugia
Houou
Celebi (Serebii)

Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Latias
Latios
Kaiorga
Groudon
Rayquaza
Jirachi
Deoxys

Yuxie
Emrit
Agnome
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Creselia
Darkrai
Manaphy
Phione
Heatran
Regigigas
Shaymin
Arceus

On a side note, do you see the increasing number of legendaries for each generation? I put the numbers into my calculator, ran a regression, and it came up with this formula:

Number of legendaries = 3*(generation number) + 1.5
(Rounded off, it only misses in the case of Generation II. Then again, the Gen. II games were legendary themselves)

Based on this, I bet this generation will have seventeen or eighteen legendaries.

Which are twelve too many.

Roz~

I also hope there won't be too many legendary Pokemon. And I think Reshiram and Zekrom actually look cool; they just don't really look like Pokemon though.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Roz~ on May 28, 2010, 02:21:52 PMI also hope there won't be too many legendary Pokemon. And I think Reshiram and Zekrom actually look cool; they just don't really look like Pokemon though.

Zekrom especially. What the heck is it, a rock?
I like Reshiram, though. I'd already decided I was getting Black, but now it's confirmed.

...Does anyone like Zekrom?

Cobraroll

^Zekrom looks like a Palkia statue with a ridiculous tail and feminine breasts. Type guess: Dark/Rock (effectively the same as Tyranitar, but the other way round)

Reshiram looks like a chicken, and about as intimidating too. Type guess: Flying/Psychic

And yes. Aircraft turbines. I'm starting to suspect that this is Nintendo's way to test the consumers. How bad can things be while people still are paying for it?

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Cobraroll on May 28, 2010, 02:47:29 PM^Zekrom looks like a Palkia statue with a ridiculous tail and feminine breasts. Type guess: Dark/Rock (effectively the same as Tyranitar, but the other way round)

Reshiram looks like a chicken, and about as intimidating too. Type guess: Flying/Psychic

And yes. Aircraft turbines. I'm starting to suspect that this is Nintendo's way to test the consumers. How bad can things be while people still are paying for it?

There's a rumor floating around Serebii that there will be a new Type (Light-Type). If it's true I'm guessing that's Reshiram's Type.

Roz~

Their tails do look weird, but at least they look better than Palkia and Dialga... imho.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Roz~ on May 28, 2010, 02:53:19 PMTheir tails do look weird, but at least they look better than Palkia and Dialga... imho.

Reshiram at least. :P