News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

We all saw it coming... Pokémon's fifth generation announced

Started by Cobraroll, February 07, 2010, 12:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Taser9090

Quote from: pumpy_heart on May 16, 2010, 06:23:40 AMI read somewhere that the battle goes faster than before, even with the animations.
The only way this makes sense is for the move to not be displayed before being used. Show the move while the animation is being used.
Which I personally would love. Quicker battles ftw.
Yes! Finally, Pokemon animation in battle, AND faster battles. These small details will definately make me get the game...

But it really looks like it will be in the 3DS. It looks like it uses so much data in a game card.

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

Oni-Link

Also:

If you don't get the second one, watch Soul Eater.

Tranzlater

While Nintendo are going to continue making Pokémon for as long as we're all going to be alive and for longer, what I hate is that Game Freak can't think for a freaking SECOND about changing it's formula in the slightest. We want Rock starters, or flying starters, and we don't want more types of pokemon and odd legendaries, we want the same old stuff re-used in a NEW WAY. Here's an amazing idea- a console Pokémon, where they could expand into the unknown! Pokémon diamond has basically the same makeup as Red or Blue, only slightly prettier. And what REALLY sucks is that they released another generation even before the next generation of video game consoles! It's gonna be really similar to Diamond! And the fact is, even if it is different, the changes are going to be so small nobody will give a crap (oh, wait, people will because Nintendo is marketing it?). The differences between Red and Diamond are about as much as the difference between one game and it's sequel should be, even if you don't shave off all the crap.
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

Taser9090

Quote from: Tranzlater on May 22, 2010, 01:13:10 PMWhile Nintendo are going to continue making Pokémon for as long as we're all going to be alive and for longer, what I hate is that Game Freak can't think for a freaking SECOND about changing it's formula in the slightest. We want Rock starters, or flying starters, and we don't want more types of pokemon and odd legendaries, we want the same old stuff re-used in a NEW WAY. Here's an amazing idea- a console Pokémon, where they could expand into the unknown! Pokémon diamond has basically the same makeup as Red or Blue, only slightly prettier. And what REALLY sucks is that they released another generation even before the next generation of video game consoles! It's gonna be really similar to Diamond! And the fact is, even if it is different, the changes are going to be so small nobody will give a crap (oh, wait, people will because Nintendo is marketing it?). The differences between Red and Diamond are about as much as the difference between one game and it's sequel should be, even if you don't shave off all the crap.
I like the idea of different type starters.

Was everyone mean to the Sinnoh starters, like these Pokemon? :\

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

Nana1Popo2

I dont mind the fire, grass, and water type starters, but why not add a second type, like some of the ones there are now? for example, Charizard, the first two-type starter pokemon. and also pokemon like Blaziken, Infernape, or Empoleon. two-typed pokemon. there should be more of them.. because, i actually like the fire, water, grass start. its simple, and it allows you to learn about new types as you get further into the game. its good for people new to the games, which is pretty much half of the expected popularity (the other half being the classic players, who know how things work). but lets just hope that other than battle changes, there will be others, too.
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Tranzlater

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on May 22, 2010, 09:54:38 PMI dont mind the fire, grass, and water type starters, but why not add a second type, like some of the ones there are now? for example, Charizard, the first two-type starter pokemon. and also pokemon like Blaziken, Infernape, or Empoleon. two-typed pokemon. there should be more of them.. because, i actually like the fire, water, grass start. its simple, and it allows you to learn about new types as you get further into the game. its good for people new to the games, which is pretty much half of the expected popularity (the other half being the classic players, who know how things work). but lets just hope that other than battle changes, there will be others, too.

Yes, but the fact is there are already five pokémon games for the DS, so they may as well expand into something different, let the newbies play Platinum or HeartGold first.
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on May 22, 2010, 09:54:38 PMI dont mind the fire, grass, and water type starters, but why not add a second type, like some of the ones there are now? for example, Charizard, the first two-type starter pokemon. and also pokemon like Blaziken, Infernape, or Empoleon. two-typed pokemon. there should be more of them.. because, i actually like the fire, water, grass start. its simple, and it allows you to learn about new types as you get further into the game. its good for people new to the games, which is pretty much half of the expected popularity (the other half being the classic players, who know how things work). but lets just hope that other than battle changes, there will be others, too.

No. Venusaur was the first two-type, then Charizard. Bulbasaur is also the only first-stage starter Pokemon with two Types.

Cobraroll

Look at it this way:
So far, there have been four generations of Pokémon, that is 12 starters in total.
The only one-typed ones are:
Blastoise
Meganium
Typhlosion
Feraligatr
Sceptile

Five in total. That is seven two-typed starters (40% more).
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SlowPokemon

Grass and Water got the short end of the stick. Oh, and if Pokabu's final form is Fire/Fighting, I will BLOW A GASKET. Fire-Fighting is a FAR-too-powerful combination as far as Attack, and that's why people fail to realize the power of Treecko, Mudkip, Turtwig, and Piplup. Mostly Turtwig and Treecko. :P

Taser9090

That is a really good reason to keep them... Not everyone is a Pokemon veteran, and they might be Pokemon veteran-to-be.

But I really want to know if people hated Piplup, Turtwig, and Chimchar?

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Taser9090 on May 24, 2010, 03:27:18 PMThat is a really good reason to keep them... Not everyone is a Pokemon veteran, and they might be Pokemon veteran-to-be.

But I really want to know if people hated Piplup, Turtwig, and Chimchar?

I liked Turtwig. Piplup is super ugly, I never really saw anything cute in it. But I'd way rather have Piplup than Chimchar. I can't help that I'm prejudiced against Fire-Types.

Taser9090

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 24, 2010, 03:31:16 PMI liked Turtwig. Piplup is super ugly, I never really saw anything cute in it. But I'd way rather have Piplup than Chimchar. I can't help that I'm prejudiced against Fire-Types.
I'd rather have Piplup than Chimchar (But I picked Chimchar because I don't want anymore duplicate Pokemon). I just don't like baby monkeys. No offense to monkey lovers :p

SlowPokemon

Monkeys are just... blah. Octopi... That's where to be. ^.^
Octopus = favorite animal.

Before someone says anything, it's NOTHING to do with tentacles or other... things to do with tentacles...

I just think they're cool.

TheLegend

I think it was mentioned before, but I like Chimchar because it's fighting/fire, which is really powerful.  I actually like water types, because grass doesn't really affect is as much as... water affects fire, and fire affects grass.  I loved the pokemon in Heartgold/SoulSilver, and I actually like Pikachu... (I've played some of the first pokemon gmes...)