We all saw it coming... Pokémon's fifth generation announced

Started by Cobraroll, February 07, 2010, 12:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobraroll

source: http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/First_Gen_V_Pok%C3%A9mon_revealed_in_Pok%C3%A9mon_Sunday

QuoteIn an expected move, Game Freak has announced a new generation of Pokémon today during Pokémon Sunday. The first Generation V Pokémon has been revealed. Many details are unknown at this point, but it is known that the new Pokémon will be starring in the next Pokémon movie, Ruler of Illusions Z, with it said that the Pokémon "grasps the key" to the movie.

Generation V has been anticipated since the release of Pokémon Platinum Version. Its release is expected to be in 2010 for the Nintendo DS, following the earlier announcement on the Japanese Pokémon website.

The new Pokémon was only shown in silhouette. The Pokémon's full revelation will come in two weeks, on the Feb. 21 episode of Pokémon Sunday. Some sites have reported that this mysterious Pokémon is Z itself, but as of now this is purely speculation, apparently based on an announcement earlier in the program that Z would be revealed in that same program on Feb. 21.
From Bulbanews

That person on the picture is Jun'ichi Masuda. As in, it's his hands. The picture is a snapshot from Pokémon Sunday. In ohter words, this is a reliable source.

Personally, I think it's sad to see new generations of Pokémon being spewed out, but we all know they do it for profit, and not to please the old fans. At least, it will bring some new interesting changes to the competitive battling scene.

And I don't know about you, but I think that silhouette has quite Lucario-ish traits. But I don't think it is a Lucario evolution, as Lucario's stats are sky high already, and it can perform well as it is against almost every Pokémon in the game. An evolution, with higher stats, would just be broken.

What about your thoughts?
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

KefkaticFanatic

They should make all of them references to films or literature.

CTHULUWEED

and such.

me irl
[close]

HugoMeister

New generations aren't supposed to please old fans, they're meant to expand.

I'm pretty sure its safe to say that every old fan is highly pleased with the HeartGold and SoulSilver 2nd generation remakes. If you don't like the new ideas, then shut up and go play what you do like.

Anyway, moving on.

Being a pokemaniac myself, I'm still glad that the franchise is still alive. Of course, since gen 4 was a bit of a disappointment (not a bad game, but still, a disappointment), I'm hoping the franchise can get some more creative thoughts going out there. Not expecting to brickshat, but still.

As for the silhouette, just glad its not another refrigerator.

Edit:

http://www.serebii.net/generation5/

Hahahahahahah.

Kick. Ass.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

Cobraroll

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Roz~

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

SuperFireKirby

I hope that gamefreak decides to at least try and be creative with this generation.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Cobraroll

Roz~, I think it does look like Weavile. Dark typing, smirk smile, colours (note the read head-thingy), and it might of course be the pose; with an extended right arm, slightly bent over forwards, and one leg extended backwards:

Roz~

^Still, to me it doesn't look like Weavile.

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on February 10, 2010, 05:37:01 PMI hope that gamefreak decides to at least try and be creative with this generation.

This. I hope it won't be only evolutions of previous pokémon. And I hope there won't be too much legendaries too.

Cobraroll

This will either be a lot better than the fourth generation, or jump the shark completely.

Personally, I hope we'll see more Formes of legendaries, rather than new ones. I wish we could get a few of the same legendaries in new legends. For example, the Legendary Beasts. Great looks, terrible in battle.

And no more Lake Trio please. They have a quite cool personality, but are way too similiar.

SuperFireKirby

Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mew, and Mewtwo. The ONLY real legendary pokemon.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

HugoMeister

Roz~

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on February 11, 2010, 06:00:12 PMArticuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mew, and Mewtwo. The ONLY real legendary pokemon.

Add Raikou, Suicune, Entei, Ho-Oh, Lugia and Celebi.

HugoMeister