News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Yann Tiersen - Comptine d'un autre été (Cover)

Started by DoubleA7, January 26, 2010, 06:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoubleA7

Well, I know this isn't video game sheet music, but i was wondering if i can still request it. It's by Kyle Landry, and for some reason, it's one of his less popular videos in terms of views. But still, it's one of the most amazing covers i've ever heard. If anyone wants to tackle this, that would be great. I'm seriously dying for someone to transcribe it!

Here's the basic sheets, I'm pretty sure it should help:  http://www.scribd.com/doc/2416992/Yann-Tiersen-Comptine-autre-ete

And here's his cover::  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=camtQULMLtA&feature=channel#movie_player

If someone wants to transcribe it, please let me know as soon as possible.

Hitaru

Hello, I know it's been ~3weeks ago but well, I transcribed the song.
If anyone's interested in it, feel free to download it and mail me for any critics ! (Greatly appreciated - the criticmails!)

EDIT: Link deleted - mail me if you want the sheets

DoubleA7

Thank you so much! This is awesome! I'm gonna start learning this right away ^_^

Concerto No.20 in D minor

Did you really transcribe it?  I hate to be a doubter, but just type in the song on google and you get a million hits for sheet music.  lol, I don't know why doublea7 didn't just do that in the first place ; )

Hitaru

Quote from: Concerto No.20 in D minor on February 23, 2010, 02:56:51 AMDid you really transcribe it?  I hate to be a doubter, but just type in the song on google and you get a million hits for sheet music.  lol, I don't know why doublea7 didn't just do that in the first place ; )

Hello,

it's ok for you to doubt things and I don't have a problem with it ;)

Well, the thing is - this isn't the original song as you know it.
It's an improvisation based on the original sheets so ouf course you will see many things that are pretty much the same as in the original song but ~2minutes or more are an improvisation of Kyle Landry.
You can have a look at the youtube-link posted by DoubleA7 then you will see that it's not the same song which most of you know ;)

I searched the internet before I started transcribing it and I have never found the sheets for this improvisation so (without being pretentious) this could be the first transcription of this cover/improvisation.

The original song is about 3 pages long, this transcription is 7 pages + 1 line on the 8th page long ;)

Anyway, thanks for your question - why don't you give it a try and look over it by yourself, maybe you can find some mistakes or something that you could tell me so I can correct them ;)

Best regards,

Hitaru