Full Arrangements?

Started by Saxodrum, January 16, 2010, 01:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HugoMeister

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

Dude

Quote from: universe-X on January 20, 2010, 02:44:10 PMWhy don't we make a submission topic for orchestral arrangements? All orchestral arrangements. It doesn't (won't) be accepted anyway, and at least this way, it's visited a little more.
How about no.

universe-X

Concerto No.20 in D minor

I've always wanted to expand NSM to accept more arrangements from different instruments and other things, I'm not saying it's never going to happen; but now is not the right time.

universe-X

hmmm, another website for user-generated orchestral arrangements of video games? It's already been done, butI don't wanna register too many accounts... it's how we lost half the members on this site... well that and a lack of an updating crew.

Jamaha

Updaters are like non-rechargable batteries, they work for a while and then run out of power leaving you no choice but to obtain new ones.

Or try to recharge them and watch them explode. Should've read the safety sticker.

KefkaticFanatic

I did that once with some 9 volt batteries.  Got shrapnel and gunk all over the damn ceiling.

me irl
[close]

Sir Awesomesauce

Quote from: Ganondorf on January 18, 2010, 04:37:05 PMBecause the people who have come here for a long time come here, expecting to find piano sheet music. Why is that? Because that's what Nintendo Sheet Music has done from the beginning and if they came here and suddenly found full orchestrations they might get confused and a little disgruntled over the change. The only way to fix that problem would be to make the submission dtuff even more complex by adding an area for instruments.

That is why.
Hi, my name is Jim, and I am looking for sheet music to play on piano. I know, I'll go to NSM!
*clicks bookmark*
*arrives at main page*
What the FUCK, they're making ORCHESTRATED MUSIC!? THIS DISGRUNTLES ME! Why, I'm so irritated, I think I'll just LEAVE!

Alternatively, he could be so darn confused, he would have no choice but to leave. But I think the point I'm making is pretty clear.

Quote from: Nintendude73 on January 17, 2010, 10:07:51 AMNinsheetmusic has always been only piano sheet music. 
And why would we ever change that? Why, gaining more members and arrangements is just a silly idea, don't you agree?

Again, I think the point is pretty clear. It would not be that difficult to accept different instrumentation for arrangements. Just put all the arrangements on the same page, and add an additional column for which instrument it is. If you want to be extra fancy, you can even include a "sort by" button (which could even sort by arrangers, which would be an excellent function).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appealing_to_tradition

There is a reason that wikipedia lists appealing to tradition as a fallacy. Because it's stupid.

Quote from: dahans on January 19, 2010, 11:00:27 AMI would never submit my arrangments to another site...
This sickens me. This sort of ignorant loyalty is why the world sucks. To the man screaming "ALLAH!" running with a bomb strapped to his chest: I wonder what he would be screaming if he were born in Wyoming? Something quite different I assure you. Just because a certain site got to you first does not mean it deserves your undying affection - the site changes (from an active one to a stagnant one), so why can't you? There are plenty of other sites more than willing to accept your music. And these sites aren't competing, why not submit to multiple ones? Isn't the point of your arranging to allow as many people as possible to play these songs? Wouldn't submitting to multiple places aid that cause?

No. Of course not. That's too logical. Why don't you just keep submitting here. Even when they don't accept.
You should read my post, it's probably above this.

universe-X

Well, I was thinking about submitting to VGVirtuoso (but first of all, that would just be another account I'm hiding from my parents), but I saw Squaresound first and thought "This is some BS..." Just because of the multiple sheets for 1 song. So, I didn't really bother with VGV because of that risk and i didn't wanna be confused with how the site's run.

HugoMeister

SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION.

Off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure the only doubles are orchestrations and piano solos of the same song. I think that qualifies as "ok".

Also:

Quote from: Sir Awesomesauce on April 10, 2010, 11:24:39 PMThere are plenty of other sites more than willing to accept your music. And these sites aren't competing, why not submit to multiple ones? Isn't the point of your arranging to allow as many people as possible to play these songs? Wouldn't submitting to multiple places aid that cause?

No. Of course not. That's too logical. Why don't you just keep submitting here. Even when they don't accept.

Sauce rules.

universe-X

That's another question: What qualifies as an orchestration? What instruments do they usually use?

SirIngusBingus

VGV is open to pretty much any ensemble you feel like arranging for. There are arrangements for full orchestras, string quartets, brass ensembles, whatever.

Quote from: universe-X on April 11, 2010, 09:38:53 AMWell, I was thinking about submitting to VGVirtuoso (but first of all, that would just be another account I'm hiding from my parents), but I saw Squaresound first and thought "This is some BS..." Just because of the multiple sheets for 1 song. So, I didn't really bother with VGV because of that risk and i didn't wanna be confused with how the site's run.

There are some differences, yes. Submissions are completely different (VGV has a user uploader). But it's not difficult at all to have accounts on both sites. I've been doing it for ages.

Brassman388

HugoMeister

Hard to update when people refuse to submit.

Brassman388