Previous topic - Next topic

Nintendude73

I'm not about to screw with tradition.

Nana1Popo2

Ganondorf lives!

and is correct.
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

universe-X

Quote from: Nintendude73 on January 18, 2010, 07:36:36 PMI'm not about to screw with tradition.

Traditions change. ;)

lol, Indian is the new Black.

HugoMeister

I don't see what you guys don't get about this.

NSM got to be where it is because it does what its good at; the majority of its members are in-fact pianists. Do you want to know why?

Because NSM was created to share Piano music.

Numerous other sites have been developed and designed to accommodate larger scale works. Plenty of them are successful, others aren't doing so well, because instead of putting those certain talents into helping them, you insist on trying to shove it up someone's ass who doesn't want it.

You're insisting on feeding one of the few fat people sitting by a larger number of skinny of hungry hobos.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

Cobraroll

I know NSM is renowned for its piano sheets, but when some of our members have made good full arrangements as well, why shouldn't we have them on site? Our primary focus is piano music, but when other sheets are available, why not just post them too?

Though, I see where you're coming from. Not only would there be few potential players, the sheets also take more server space, and the forums would be filled with requests none of us would have time to take unless we really wanted to.

So actually, I realise it's best to keep full arrangements a "back room" issue. People who are regular posters here know how and where to find full sheets if they are interested anyway. I guess, just with a little brainstorming, I've found an answer to my own question.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Nana1Popo2

besides, isn't this why we have the Home-Made Compositions Thread. we already kind of use that thread for our full-band/orchestrated/composed arrangements? we dont need anything more... if people want to see non-piano work i suppose they could go there?

Nintendude73

Quote from: Cobraroll on January 19, 2010, 01:54:30 AMI guess, just with a little brainstorming, I've found an answer to my own question.
Strange how that works, hm?

dahans

I would never submit my arrangments to another site...
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Cobraroll

^No, but there is a sub-forum. NSM's "back room" if you like. Established members know that one can find orchestrated arrangements there. Just a pity that the links expire. *coughNana1Popo2pleaseupdateyourlinkswereallyappreciateyourarrangementsbutitskindahardatthemomentasthelinksaredowncough*

Is there a possibility that we could upload these to the NSM server if they are really good, but not put the links anywhere than in their respective topis? That way, they're never an "official" part of the site, but still available even if they who arranged them leave the forums.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Dude

Quote from: dahans on January 19, 2010, 11:00:27 AMI would never submit my arrangments to another site...
Well have fun not having your full arrangements on the internet.

kotorfanboy

Quote from: Brassman388 on January 16, 2010, 10:18:46 PMGo to VGVirtuoso like Kotor said. You'll like it there. I guarentee it.

Listen to Joe Namath, Saxodrum.

Nana1Popo2

^ ya... i know. ive been really busy (which is why i havent been arranging)... but i'll resupply my broken links as soon as i can; hopefully tonight.

and i can also see where Cobraroll is going, but perhaps it's too much, because it might just take up room, and it would be too much to keep up to date (say we decide to change the arrangement)... etc... so pretty much, i believe we drop the subject, cuz i dont think we are planning on having any form of this on the site, other than what is in the Off Topic section. :-\

Dude

Nana1Popo2

universe-X

But the Creativity Corner is barely ever visited.

Why don't we make a submission topic for orchestral arrangements? All orchestral arrangements. It doesn't (won't) be accepted anyway, and at least this way, it's visited a little more.