Full Arrangements?

Started by Saxodrum, January 16, 2010, 01:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saxodrum

Hey, I've been working on full concert band and concert orchestra arrangements of Freezeezy Peak and I was wondering if I could post it on the site, and maybe even expanding to full arrangements, and not just for piano? Thoughts?

-Saxodrum
-Saxodrum

"A lot of times songs are very much of a moment, that you just encapsulate. They come to you, you write them, you feel good that day, or bad that day." -Mick Jagger

Nintendude73

Feel free to share the arrangements on the forums, but the actual site only accepts piano arrangements of songs.

universe-X

I believe some "partners" of NSM accept full band arrangements, etc. Appolomix?

kotorfanboy

dahans

Why don't we accept them? A "full" orchestrated version takes you much longer than a piano arrangment...
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Brassman388

Yeah, unfortunately, as full arrangements are awesome, NSM doesn't accept them. Go to VGVirtuoso like Kotor said. You'll like it there. I guarentee it.

dahans

Well, if we want the people to stay at our forum, we must accept orchestrated arrangments as well. The name of the website is ninsheetmusic, not pianoninsheetmusic. Does this make more effort?

Nana1Popo2

Quote from: dahans on January 17, 2010, 02:46:23 AMWell, if we want the people to stay at our forum, we must accept orchestrated arrangments as well. The name of the website is ninsheetmusic, not pianoninsheetmusic. Does this make more effort?

He does have a bit of a point..... but then again we dont need that, because there is a picture of a piano in the background..
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Nintendude73

Ninsheetmusic has always been only piano sheet music.  We're not going to lose a significant amount of members if we reject orchestrated versions.  We always have anyway and you all are still here.

dahans

That's ok I guess, probably we should make an "orchestrated arrangments thread".

HugoMeister

Ugh.

Honestly dahans, this is exactly why we bother with it in the first place; because NSM doesn't do non-piano.

Quote from: Brassman388 on January 16, 2010, 10:18:46 PMYeah, unfortunately, as full arrangements are awesome, NSM doesn't accept them. Go to VGVirtuoso like Kotor said. You'll like it there. I guarentee it.

Quote from: kotorfanboy on January 16, 2010, 08:01:23 PMI recommend www.vgvirtuoso.net, Saxodrum.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

KefkaticFanatic

Make sure you submit to a site that is actually visited like Squaresound too.

me irl
[close]

Cobraroll

Just a question: Is it a specific reason why we reject full arrangements?
The way I see it, of course we shouldn't accept orchestral arrangements of songs that hasn't been arranged for piano yet, but I see no reason for completely rejecting them. We could have a separate section of the site, or something, or at least point more directly to affiliates that accept these.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

dahans

Quote from: Cobraroll on January 18, 2010, 03:06:29 AMJust a question: Is it a specific reason why we reject full arrangements?
The way I see it, of course we shouldn't accept orchestral arrangements of songs that hasn't been arranged for piano yet, but I see no reason for completely rejecting them. We could have a separate section of the site, or something, or at least point more directly to affiliates that accept these.
I totally agree with you.

NasiDe

Because the people who have come here for a long time come here, expecting to find piano sheet music. Why is that? Because that's what Nintendo Sheet Music has done from the beginning and if they came here and suddenly found full orchestrations they might get confused and a little disgruntled over the change. The only way to fix that problem would be to make the submission dtuff even more complex by adding an area for instruments.

That is why.