The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceDeity

Holy shit. That sucks, but at least nobody was home, I guess

SlowPokemon

Haha at college I practice piano a few hours a day :P which is really sucky now because since we live in an apartment I can only practice on my keyboard, and only when my parents aren't home Dx which since I work so much amounts to a few hours a week
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Waddle Bro

My parents have been clueless that I even own a new keyboard or that I've spent almost a couple of thousand euros to music software.

Bubbles

I've got probably the cheapest keyboard (or at least it performs like one) so I haven't played piano much at all this summer. I thought I was going back to my big fancy one tomorrow but apparently I'm not :(

braix

Well at least it gives me time to practice some pieces I find on NSM. >->
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Bubbles

Actually, I quit piano lessons after ~7 years and went a few on my own. I feel like that was the time when I improved the most, and the majority of my pieces were songs from here, other video game music sites, or random anime songs found on youtube. I eventually went back to lessons but thats just because I have terrible technique and know next to nothing about theory...

Basically you improve when you work hard, and finding a difficult piece from here that i actually knew and wanted to play was enough motivation for me to essentially double my playing skills

Bloop

So my friend's going to some mental hospital in The Hague  tomorrow for a total of six months (tomorrow's his birthday. Talk about bad presents) I'll only be able to see and talk to him on saturdays, because he's in that hospital from monday to friday and he'll be packing his stuff and leaving again on sunday (maybe I can talk to him on some chat or stuff that day though).
I hope I won't miss him too much ;_; He helped me so much in the past, although he (seemingly) needs help himself.

Well fuck ;_;

Maelstrom

I just spent 2 hours working on a song today, and when I tried to plug in the midi keyboard, it froze, like it has in the past (but only when I unplug it). So I lost that part. But then I did a little, plugged in the midi keyboard, and then saved. So then, when it crashed (after a few attempts to get the keyboard and finale to sync), and I restarted, the file had been corrupted. I opened the backup (from before I made the changes earlier today) and tried to save it as a .mus, but it said I couldn't rename it and I couldn't replace the other file because it was open in another program (it wasn't) so I closed finale, deleted the corrupted .mus file, and go to look for the .bak file.....And it's not there. I even restored my entire recycle bin, but to no avail. I lost everything I had done for that song (about 3/4 done with Wicked Flight). I think I'll take a break from arranging for a bit..........................  :(

FierceDeity

:(

(not to make you pull your hair out after the fact or anything, but did you try just copying it all and pasting it into another file?)

Maelstrom

Zunawe

I've mentioned this before, but Finale handles files very poorly. It imports files instead of reading them, and then when saving, it will delete the original and create a new one. Basically, there's quite a bit of room for error when it comes to saving, so (though this should go without being said) save frequently and try to make backups or something early on.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Bubbles

So uh how many times can you leave work early unexpectedly before your employer starts to see you as a nuisance ??

braix

Quote from: Bubbles on August 26, 2014, 03:44:03 PMSo uh how many times can you leave work early unexpectedly before your employer starts to see you as a nuisance ??
6?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Nebbles

This jaw pain from getting my wisdom teeth out sucks so bad :(
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel