The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 20, 2015, 06:21:25 PMI'm going to write a book:

Language: The Art of Intention

And just quote every single goddamn post every made on these forums.
That's going to be quite a long book...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Quote from: FierceDeity on January 20, 2015, 06:19:40 PMI mean, it could also be because I make a good point, but that's just me
And idk how I'm belittling you at all, I'm making an argument against your point. If I wanted to belittle you, I'd tell you to go back to tumblr or some shit like that. The reason I made those jokes about "asshole" and "douchebag" was that I'm trying to point out how this reaction to the word "pussy" seems a bit much for a word with no actual sexist intention in its common usage, and that complaining about this word is akin to complaining about either of those words. I'm making fun of a trend via hyperbole, not of you. Meanwhile, you just called me a "fucking moron" for disagreeing with you (and indicted me as a sexist for my view of language, I guess?).

You really frustrate me but I have to commend you on your ability to completely ignore my points and make it seem like you have a valid argument. I called you a fucking moron for being sexist, not for "disagreeing with me." I don't care if it's funny when you say it with your friends. ITS NOT FUNNY TO ME. Regardless of your intentions, it's A SEXIST TERM.

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on January 20, 2015, 06:14:03 PMA word is a word. Seriously, "fuck" is actually a closer word to "rape" than "sex", so why do you continue to use it? Rape is far worse than mild sexism. Because it's a fucking word.

Also what the fuck SFK "fuck" is nowhere near an alternate version of the word "rape" is this forums even serious anymore does anyone have half a brain

I am so done I refuse to post anything further about this
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Xaoz

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 20, 2015, 06:06:06 PMAm I seriously the only one who thinks Fierce is being a fucking moron about this or are you all just siding with him because it's easy and he can make sexism sound like it's justified

God I'm irritated. I'm seriously on the verge of leaving NSM for a while over this. My complaints about the word p***y are 100% valid and I don't appreciate being belittled and made fun of for wanting to not see offensive terms on the forums

I don't know why some people have to take every word so serious. Maybe I overrated modern society and common-sense. Can anyone explain this to me?
I OBVIOUSLY did not mean to insult anyone (Except noc. But we have a special relationship.). If I wanted to insult anyone, you would definitely realize it!

I had to rewrite this so often and replace words to make 100% sure to not offend anything (Except modern society. Sorry, modern society!)!

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

Nebbles

???????????????????????

are you out of your mind? since when does saying "rape" equate it to swearing? do you realize what you're saying oh my god

"rape is far worse than mild sexism" correct, but guess what, sexism of any form is still very bad

but don't you DARE say rape is just a word when there are several people who suffer sexual assault on a daily basis and have had their lives ruined by it

how dare you
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

braix

Guys, let's lay off the sensitive topics and talk about baby jaguars.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

FireArrow

Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 20, 2015, 06:10:51 PMThere's no such thing as "It's so sexist it's not sexist anymore."

That's the stupidest thing I've ever read.

Wow, that's a really nice straw man you've got there.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

MaestroUGC

WELP, WE'VE REACHED THE THRESHOLD OF THE OFFENSIVENESS DISCUSSION.

EVERYBODY STOP TALKING ABOUT IT AND MOVE ONTO SOMETHING ELSE BEFORE THE BANS COME.

Go read my Movie Review thread and distract yourself.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

braix

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 20, 2015, 06:25:45 PMI don't care if it's funny when you say it with your friends. ITS NOT FUNNY TO ME. Regardless of your intentions, it's A SEXIST TERM.
So you want things to be "politically correct" within your guidelines? I'm not entirely sure how Fierce is being sexist- rather, he's explaining usage behind the terms in question.

EDIT: HOW 'BOUT THEM BABY JAGUARS.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Olimar12345

Well slow, I hope you're happy. You're initial post has caused the very thing it was "apparently" created to prevent...

and now we haVE TO GEORGE FOREMAN THIS THREAD UP REEEEEEAL GOOD

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BlackDragonSlayer

I forgot what we were talking about but now I'm hungry.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber