The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

Geez... glad you were okay. D: I would give you a nice hug right now if I could... and as always, cookies.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Kman96

No, Spit! Don't scare us like that again! You're too cool to go now!
Party Hard!
[close]

Mashi

spitllama, you forgot the part of the story when the cars were about to crash when you jumped out like Spider Man and stopped the cars from smashing into each other with your brute strength.  After which, you quickly took your seat in your friend's car and acted as if all had occurred naturally.

If you're going to recount an anecdote, tell us the full story!!!

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Roz~

Quote from: spitllama on September 17, 2012, 02:01:28 PMThanks guys. I'm okay. Both cars slammed on the brakes (probably not the wisest choice for our car), and the drivers got out to check what happened (I couldn't open my door since the truck was in the way). I wish you all could have seen the space between both of the cars. It is a miracle that they didn't touch. There was probably half a foot of space between them. How this stuff happens, I'll never know.
There was an exchange of profanities between the two of them, along with other drivers (this is in the middle of the intersection, mind you), the black truck backed up, and we were on our way.

Everyone yield on left turns! Please!

Same thing happened to me 2 years ago, except I got hit u_u
I'm glad you're okay! :)
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Zunawe

Oh no! Spit! Your true identity has been revealed on the internet! Now you have to move to Finland, change your name, and become "The Arachnid Guy".
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SlowPokemon

Today.

Oh my god today.

5 AM: I wake up to go with my family to make pizza for two hours, for a crazy company who wants 90+ pizzas at 8 AM.
7:30: I go with my brother and mom to deliver the pizzas. We get stuck in major traffic and add 20 minutes to a trip that's already about 20 minutes. School starts at 8:25.
8:10: we get there and they're crazy disorganized and not ready for us even though we called ahead AND showed up late.
8:25: school starts. My music theory test begins. Elsewhere, we are trying to make good time getting to school.
8:30: we pull into school.

I show up late and take a test in first period and a quiz in second, I translate difficult latin poetry in third, I struggle to stay awake in fourth, I eat a crappy lunch, I drift off in math but luckily understand the concepts, I give a debate in sixth with three other classmates about why space travel isn't beneficial, and I take a quiz in seventh over chapters of a book I didn't have time to read.

I get home at 4:20. We're leaving for the restaurant at 4:45. I change and have a couple pretzels so I have something to eat, then mom walks in early and announces we're leaving.

I get to the restaurant and say hi to dad, eat a dinner of pizza which I'm almost sick of at this point, then stand around exhaustedly doing practically nothing, as we're dead slow from 5-8. My mom comes to pick me up at 8. As soon as I check out of my register and clock out, the phone rings. Two lines. We answer them and as soon as we hang up, two more lines. Basically we get more orders in the next half hour than we've gotten all night.

We finally leave. I get home and empty the dishwasher since it's my day and I didn't have time earlier. I take a shower to relax a bit. I've calmed down. I get on my laptop. AT&T has shut off our internet until tomorrow at least, for NO REASON. This also means I can't email a girl some homework stuff I promised her I would, and that yes, I've typed all this out on my phone.

I need to go to bed.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

blueflower999

This topic makes me too depressed... Really sorry, all of you guys.  :'(
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Ruto

Hahahaha Mashi xD Don't tempt people to replicate that situation though...can't have another X-Men or Spiderman mutant power related accident xD 

Poor Slow :( Try and sleep early, the email can wait :/

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Dude

Quote from: Dude on July 19, 2012, 02:25:50 PMFrom facebook

Oh dear god.
He posted again in a different status. I'll quote it later.

Mashi

I still think John Tyler should be a candidate for worst President.

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SuperFireKirby

About 200,000 people were killed by the atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The estimated number of deaths if the US had invaded Japan was somewhere around 4 million. Just saying.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Mashi

SuperFireKirby, the situation was different and there was a time limit for when we could use the bombs, since the Soviet Union had made a formal declaration of war with Japan and troops were already on the way there (and we wouldn't be able to use the bombs if an ally was in there).  Reagan figured that if Japan wasn't willing to give up when we threatened to bomb them, they wouldn't give up if we dominated them with troops, so bombing was the lesser of two evils.  Furthermore, the situation between Japan and the Middle East are extraordinarily different considering that we're not with war with any country (if we're at war with anyone, it's terrorists who make up a ridiculously small minority (and it's spread out too, so we wouldn't even know where to bomb).  Not to mention that the Middle East (Saudi Arabia in particular) is already doing enough to counter terrorism, probably even more than the US, so there's really no need to bomb anyone when we can deal with things diplomatically.  There hasn't even been a major terrorism attack ever since 2004 in Spain, if I recall correctly, so it's not as if terrorism is our primary problem anymore anyway.

Of course, I'm sure that you're not insinuating that we should start using our bombs, but I just wanted to clarify that our bombing of Japan was under very specific and stressed circumstances.