News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

If needed, I can help clobber low rank monsters as well

Nitro Indigo

The other day, Microsoft randomly decided that my account was hacked, and I submitted the form today and it said I wasn't me. I have to wait 24 hours to resubmit it, and it's 5PM. Why do I have to do all of this? Google's anti-hacking thing was a lot more straightforward; it just asked me if I recognised a device my account was being used on.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

InsigTurtle

I don't know what happened, but now, my sleeping schedule has flipped by 12 hours. I still have 2 weeks to fix it, but... Damn... This ain't good.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

holy fuck this is emo
Anyone know how to fight off that feeling of wasting away your life?
I can't tell if it's depression, anxiety, some other condition I'm not aware of, or what.
I just feel (and am) constantly alone. I'm by myself at home for a few days while my dad and younger brother are off in California to go to amusement parks and concerts. I've tried to make plans with my closest friends multiple times and they've all made plans with each other and ignored me. And I love these people to death but I swear to God it feels like they just view me as someone to talk to when they're depressed or need a study buddy and then just leave.
I took a few Atavin a while back to calm myself down and go to sleep.. Not long after I found myself taking it more often for that purpose. I'm not dependent on it, I haven't taken it in a while (out of fear of developing a habit), but the thought that I had to take something extra to be able to deal with people being people is fucking terrifying.
This site has even lost its appeal somewhat.. I used to love arranging and engraving, now it's just a thing I do sometimes if I want to feel in control of something visually.
I feel completely alone and I have no idea what to do. I've tried getting out, exercising, going for walks, talking to people, all the usual things that even therapists have told me to do in the past, but they're just activities now. Without people to do them with they're meaningless.
Meanwhile several friends of mine are suicidal and it's all I can do to convince myself they aren't going to die.. I've already lost people to this shit, I'm not going to fucking lose anyone more.
And relationships ha that's a fun topic.
Ever had that constant feeling of "almost"? Like, you almost have something you think might turn into something great and then at the last minute it just goes away with no explanation?
I know I'm only 15 and most of this won't matter in 2 years, but that doesn't change the fact that it matters RIGHT NOW.
Anyways these friends of mine I love them to death. They're some of my favorite people on this Earth. But how can it not be that they're ignoring me on purpose? I've tried to contact them all multiple times to hang out this summer, and gotten, at best, a response of "I'd love to, I'll check when I'm free" followed by crickets. Then, 2 days later, I see Instagram posts about how they're at the beach with all my other friends and having so much fun, making memories, not a care in the world.
Can people just be straight with me about whether or not they value me? Please?
Thanks.
[close]
what is shitpost

Tobbeh99

have you been friends with them for a long time, or are they quite new friends? You could always ask them if there is something they don't like about you or something that bothers them, to get it straight and clear things out.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I've been friends with these people for 4 years. And the whole time it's been okay, until now.
what is shitpost

Tobbeh99

Ah ok. How weird, that they started acting like this now.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Maelstrom

Damn, that sucks. I have had a few "slumps," and I'm not entirely sure how I got through them, but, from what you're saying, it sounds a little like a bit of depression. As for how I got through it, well, you wouldn't like it, as it has to do with religion.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Honestly if religion helps you with depression more power to you. Even when I was religious, I never found any kind of comfort in the idea of God (I might've just been too young, but meh).
My issues with religion are a thing, but as far as I'm concerned, if it helps you with your depression then more power to you because this shit sucks and we need all the help we can to overcome it.
what is shitpost

FireArrow

That is how 90% of high schoolers feel and there isn't really a good way to deal with it because everyone in your age bracket (13-18?) is eiter too immature (I don't mean this in an insulting way) or too socially incompetent to properly make and maintain relationships. My coping methods are:

1. Understand whats going on from a larger perspective. A lot of people feel the same way you do, your friends probably included.
2. Scout out people that don't care about social barriers and such. I've found a few people recently that I can reach out to without jumping through hoops and pretending like "I'm not really interested but I'll be your friend because it's convinient."
3. Fuck people that pretend to be your friend "You're my best friend even though I have no intention of ever spending time with you!"  Like idk why this is so common but I think you know what I mean. Just cut ties with them and if it hurts them that's their problem.
4. This is high school. Teenagers are supposed to be socially awkard. Most people are miserable in high school. Take comfort in the fact that none of this will matter when you move out.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

FireArrow

I forgot the most important thing bleh: Don't be afraid to make plans. You can't expect people to contact you if you don't contact them.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Ruto

I remember being depressed for a few days after reading books on different theories the universe is going to end, back in high school. I don't know why I thought it was depressing as a kid, it doesn't bother me at all now. Everything I know is going to be long dead before that happens lol

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Zunawe

Weekly assignment from one of my classes:

Each week, each student will post a comment on the weekly forum describing the work they completed in class for the week. This is required and is part of your grade. These updates should be posted within one week; for example, for the week of 8/22 to 8/28, each student should post their weekly update by the start of the Tuesday's lecture the following week (Tuesday 8/30 in this case).

For each update, you should include the following:

Briefly summarize what you did in class on Tuesday, highlighting any interesting things you learned.
Briefly summarize what you did in class on Thursday, highlighting any interesting things you learned.
Briefly summarize what work you did outside of class on either individual or group assignments. You may also include an estimate of the time spent outside of class.

I'm a junior in college. This is an upper-division class with projects. Just... really? I wouldn't expect something like this after middle school maybe.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Why? Isn't the whole point of college that you're on your own now? Like... it's supposed to be the epitome of freedom to study however you want and shit.
*facedesk*
what is shitpost

Oronoco

It was nice out again today, so I grabbed a salad and took a walk to the park where I normally spend a lot of time. But when I got there, the whole place was surrounded by fence, my usual bench was gone, and a bunch of men were feeding all of my favorite trees in the world into a giant tree-shredder.

I really wanted to have a movie moment where I hopped the fence and chained myself to one of the trees and yelled something about taking away my favorite cherry trees where I used to go to clear my mind and eat my lunches and hammock and read and make memories taking pictures every spring when the cherry blossoms come out and spend hours calling my friends and family that I can't speak with in person. But I just kinda got super sad and watched the trees get shred to pieces. I didn't even get to eat my salad.

I could never shred trees for a living. Send me to hell instead.
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.