News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

The New Year's Resolution Topic!

Started by universe-X, December 30, 2009, 07:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

It's not a matter of difficulty, it's just a matter of doing it.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

FierceDeity

In all seriousness mlf you need to understand that maestro doesn't really have any trouble with transcription haha

Dude

1. To get at least one of the way too many of my "arrangement projects" done.

ThatGamer

I would love to see school dissapear. And get a job. I'd love to speak.

But most importantly, I need someone to love. ;-;

Those are my resolutions, but alas, none will be resolved.
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

braix

another resolution of mine is to become sexy af
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

ThatGamer

Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

FireArrow

Quote from: ThatGamer on January 05, 2015, 01:18:04 PMBut most importantly, I need someone to love. ;-;

I thought you had a girlfriend?
I do too tho
such lonely

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

braix

I think he said he was joking
Also dont laugh at my dreams ThatGamer
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

FireArrow

He's laughing because he thinks you're already sexy af. :]

blueflower999

Quote from: braixen1264 on January 05, 2015, 03:06:16 PManother resolution of mine is to become sexy af
All of NSM already is though
Bulbear! Blueflower999

FierceDeity

Quote from: ThatGamer on January 05, 2015, 01:18:04 PMI would love to see school dissapear.

Not quite a resolution, haha. That aside, savor your free education while you can. I won't go into some preachy rant about how some people around the world aren't fortunate enough, etc., but it really is a privilege. Even if the subject matter in certain classes doesn't really pique your interest, there's a lot to be said for learning to work hard for hard work's sake. It'll help you manage less-than-optimal situations in the future, not to mention to get into college.

Quote from: ThatGamer on January 05, 2015, 01:18:04 PMAnd get a job.

This is a great one. Definitely do it if you can, I often wish I'd tried working sooner.

Quote from: ThatGamer on January 05, 2015, 01:18:04 PMI'd love to speak.

Another great one! Just for yourself though, try making it more specific. The more specifically you can name the things you want to do, the more you can compartmentalize the different aspects, the more manageable it becomes, and the more likely you are to actually do it.

Quote from: ThatGamer on January 05, 2015, 01:18:04 PMBut most importantly, I need someone to love. ;-;

While I'm not saying that you shouldn't go for anything, high school relationships are pretty overrated, imo. Looking back on mine and many others', there are a rare few that I'd consider to be "healthy relationships". Everybody's still maturing and figuring themselves out as people, and hormones are abound. Sure, a little experience is healthy, but it's by no means necessary. My brother, due to no lack of charisma or sex appeal (seriously he's so much cooler than I am it's not even fair), didn't have any relationships until his sophomore year of college. Now, he's been in a happy relationship with a great girl for about 3 years, and they are quite possibly my favorite couple in existence. Again, enjoy your years of free education, and try not to stress out too much about these things that you'll likely find inconsequential when you look back on them later.

ThatGamer

Quote from: FireArrow on January 05, 2015, 03:19:51 PMHe's laughing because he thinks you're already sexy af. :]

I don't know what you really look like, but you could be sexy af!

I know Bloop thinks I am!  8)

FireArrow

Quote from: FierceDeity on January 05, 2015, 03:33:51 PMWhile I'm not saying that you shouldn't go for anything, high school relationships are pretty overrated, imo. Looking back on mine and many others', there are a rare few that I'd consider to be "healthy relationships". Everybody's still maturing and figuring themselves out as people, and hormones are abound. Sure, a little experience is healthy, but it's by no means necessary. My brother, due to no lack of charisma or sex appeal (seriously he's so much cooler than I am it's not even fair), didn't have any relationships until his sophomore year of college. Now, he's been in a happy relationship with a great girl for about 3 years, and they are quite possibly my favorite couple in existence. Again, enjoy your years of free education, and try not to stress out too much about these things that you'll likely find inconsequential when you look back on them later.

This is so true, I want to frame it. So often I see people get in a relationship, start preaching about true love, then they break up 2 months later once the infatuation phase is over.

ThatGamer

Quote from: FierceDeity on January 05, 2015, 03:33:51 PMNot quite a resolution, haha. That aside, savor your free education while you can. I won't go into some preachy rant about how some people around the world aren't fortunate enough, etc., but it really is a privilege. Even if the subject matter in certain classes doesn't really pique your interest, there's a lot to be said for learning to work hard for hard work's sake. It'll help you manage less-than-optimal situations in the future, not to mention to get into college.

This is a great one. Definitely do it if you can, I often wish I'd tried working sooner.

Another great one! Just for yourself though, try making it more specific. The more specifically you can name the things you want to do, the more you can compartmentalize the different aspects, the more manageable it becomes, and the more likely you are to actually do it.

While I'm not saying that you shouldn't go for anything, high school relationships are pretty overrated, imo. Looking back on mine and many others', there are a rare few that I'd consider to be "healthy relationships". Everybody's still maturing and figuring themselves out as people, and hormones are abound. Sure, a little experience is healthy, but it's by no means necessary. My brother, due to no lack of charisma or sex appeal (seriously he's so much cooler than I am it's not even fair), didn't have any relationships until his sophomore year of college. Now, he's been in a happy relationship with a great girl for about 3 years, and they are quite possibly my favorite couple in existence. Again, enjoy your years of free education, and try not to stress out too much about these things that you'll likely find inconsequential when you look back on them later.

1. I know. ;-;

2. Yeah, I'm gonna be a librarian!

3. I don't think you get it, I'm mute. :(

4. I'm not even in high school, so it would be a Junior High relationship! XD
But no one wants to go out with me.

(even though I am sexy af)