News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

The New Year's Resolution Topic!

Started by universe-X, December 30, 2009, 07:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 30, 2014, 06:32:48 PMI challenge you on that 3rd one
Jokes on you, I've actually been doing that all of 2014. I'm going to reread them all tomorrow night and I'm really excited for it :D

mikey

unmotivated

DrP

Who has time to do that? I certainly don't.

I haven't formalized my list yet, but here's what I have (15 for 2015):
  • Become a licensed CPA
  • Stop worrying about money all the time and constantly budgeting
  • Change from Federal Tax to State and Local Tax
  • Move away from San Jose
  • Decide to rent or sell my beach house in Virginia
  • Be on my feet more and find things to do outside my house
  • Get a new car (one which I can get carpool lane stickers)
  • Learn Spanish and Portuguese, continue using French a lot
  • Stop sleeping in past 10
  • Volunteer more
  • Visit friends more
  • Get to know more people at work
  • Invest more, spend less
  • Tune up my desktop
  • Play more video games -- because I really didn't play a lot in 2014

SuperFireKirby

1. Stop being such a fuck up
2. Refer to Resolution 1

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

blueflower999

I want to start finishing things that I've started before starting new things.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

braix

My 2015 Resolutions:
1) be less lazy
2) stop being lazy
3) dont be lazy

ill actually probably be lazier this year
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

unmotivated

braix

no its not
i was only gonna make one resolution man this is progress
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Sebastian

1. Finish 2000 arrangements before Christmas of 2015.

braix

KefkaticFanatic

I'll be graduating and have at least one guaranteed job, so with the extra free time I plan to:

a) seriously get back into piano
b) pick up meaningful amounts of mandarin and/or canto
c) continue learning new foods

Perhaps more will come to mind as the year progresses :D

me irl
[close]

Sebastian

Wolf

LoL mines arranging every arrangment I promised to arrange. I feel like a fool not finishing em.
The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

Jamaha

Let's see, the year in which I should obtain my master's degree. Also becoming a quarter of a century old, so I suppose it's only downhill from here.

1) Do things on time. If I'm given an assignment that has a deadline in a week and takes two hours to do, why can't I actually do it before the last day before the deadline, sometimes even in the same morning. Multiply this by all the assignments I have and it's a fun little source of stress that lasted for all of 2014. Fix it, damn it.
2) Stop promising things and learn to schedule. Related to the first point as I have a fun habit of hoarding too many responsibilities and then being miserable while attempting to fulfill everything.
3) Exercise, goes without saying. The plan was to start this week but...yeah. Maybe just remove this from the list.
4) Learn to write. With all the writing I need to do for work and school, I really should improve my writing skills. The same goes for writing forum posts like these.

braix