News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Video Game Music Appreciation

Started by universe-X, December 29, 2009, 06:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maretocks

<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

Brawler4Ever

Gusty Garden on Mario Paint (with FREE MP3!)

^Not mine, btw. But it's still awesome.

The music is great but I hated the level... I think... my Wii broke over a year ago. I kept falling off of the planets. The game itself never clicked for me.

It's Mexican? I only hear a little bit of Mexican in it and I live dangerously close to Mexico... oh well. It does have maracas. Anyway, I imagine, like, the British back in the 17th and 18th Centuries, or whenever they basically ruled the world with a queen and stuff.

Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

universe-X

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on January 01, 2010, 05:21:11 PMGusty Garden on Mario Paint (with FREE MP3!)

^Not mine, btw. But it's still awesome.

The music is great but I hated the level... I think... my Wii broke over a year ago. I kept falling off of the planets. The game itself never clicked for me.

It's Mexican? I only hear a little bit of Mexican in it and I live dangerously close to Mexico... oh well. It does have maracas. Anyway, I imagine, like, the British back in the 17th and 18th Centuries, or whenever they basically ruled the world with a queen and stuff.

Wow, it's been a while since you've posted. Glad it was in here. ;)

I think the "Mexican" style he was referring to was the Gusty Gulch, song, I think. A rumor I heard is that [insert Composer name here, not Kondo, not Miyamoto] had 2 different styles of music to put in SMG, Latin (repeat: LATIN) and hip hop. Kondo hated them both, so [composer name] went with orchestral. It fit the game and here we are. I don't hear any maracas in there, though. I hear an acoustic, however, which kept up that Latin feel of the song.

BTW, I already have the MP3 ;) I am the Mario Paint saviour of NSM.

MaestroUGC

Kondo hated the Latin style? What? Have you heard the Mario Bros. Theme? It is latin. He's even admitted that the latin style is one of his greatest influences.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Seeker

This is a signature.

universe-X

@Maestro: It's not that he hated the Latin style, he hated the song that was given to him, that was, indeed, Latin.

Seeker: I'm not sure anymore. :P

Brawler4Ever

Quote from: Seeker on January 01, 2010, 08:05:47 PMQuestion: What defines Latin?

Any instruments found in the song "Feliz Navidad." I'm not into Latin or Mexican music, but I'm pretty sure that most people who have Christmas know that song. "Feliz Navidad" is "Merry Christmas" in Spanish.
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

universe-X

Actually, I could hear the SMB theme with a few Latin instruments now that I think about it.

Who knows?

Random thought: If a word in the dictionary were spelled wrong, would we ever know?

universe-X

Ok, I am so very inspired right now, how does everyone feel about doing the Tetris theme sometime?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0379Zs0qaXg&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_stronger_r2-2r-4-HM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RprlilBRYVM

Also, I finally got a schedule up, it looks like we're sticking to the "one per week" thing. Just in case I'm not here on a certain day, would someone please volunteer to take it up for me?

Cobraroll

^Great!

Anyone have more to say about Gusty Garden?
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Maretocks

It has some cool, arguably Latin backing that keeps the fast pace, it makes you feel like you're flying, and that's basically what I got from this thread.
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

universe-X

I don't fully understand why people say it feels like "flying". I can understand a little, but to me it's just really windy. I dunno . . .

By the way, I'm gonna make a long speech for all of the songs that we do. ;)

So, does anyone want to take this thread up if I'm absent on a day?

Maretocks

I don't come on here enough. Just so you don't ask me later. :P

Also,
Quote from: universe-X on January 04, 2010, 10:09:44 AMI don't fully understand why people say it feels like "flying". I can understand a little, but to me it's just really windy. I dunno . . .
it gives you a sense of freedom, and, since it's called Gusty Garden, you automatically think flying.
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

universe-X

Take into consideration, however, the song's Japanese name, Wind Garden. So . . . yeah.