News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Tetris on site?

Started by universe-X, December 18, 2009, 06:05:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

universe-X

Ok, I was taking my monthly stroll through the sheets, when I noticed that the original Tetris theme was replaced by MaestroUGC's version. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with having it up there (I have the MP3 f the song :D ), but we should have the original version for anyone looking for it. Because say that a beginner sheet-reader really likes the theme, but sees these pretty high notes, speed, and hand movements. We should keep an version of the song that is closer to the in-game version. Anyone else agree with this?

Once again, no offense to MaestroUGC or anyone, and I would hate for this to turn into that other, locked topic so, please keep it clean, thanks. :)

Cobraroll

The most epic way to arrange a Tetris theme (anyone in for the job?), would be dividing it into "levels". As in, have all of these in the same sheet, but with gradually increasing difficulty. Just as in the game.

First level: only the basic melody, perhaps even without a bass line. For the noobiest of noobs.

Second level: Still simple, no multi-key chords or anything, but with a bassline.

Third level: Multi-key chords, and the tempo starts to get up. Still, no challenge for an experienced player.

Fourth level: Full speed. Now, the blocks are falling, and you have to arrange them just right.

Fifth level: Virtouso version (can be copied from the other sheet if need be). The pitch goes higher, melody faster, and the skilled players start to sweat. It's raining blocks, and if they stack all the way to the top of the screen, you lose. HURRY!

Would be cool to have it like that. Players choose their preferred difficulty level, and stop playing when the sheet gets too hard. Just like the game. Problem is, it could prove difficult to arrange five versions of the same song in the same sheet, all meant for different levels of skill.
Of course, the transition between levels shouldn't be gradual. Each level should be "finished" before the next starts, so that not as skilled players can cut off the song without skipping parts of the melody.

What do you think?
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Nintendude73

Sorry, that was my bad.  If anyone wants to arrange an easier version (or has the older, easier version), please post it and I'll add it right away.

universe-X

I actually like Cobraroll's idea. But, it's all up to Nintendude to decide. Plus, if there's one for type A, then there should be one for Type B & C too, right? or wrong? Maestro's decided to stop making Virtuoso sheets, but I'll be more than happy to make some for B & C, if I could.  :'( No Finale.

Nintendude, do you still except sheets made with 2008?

Nintendude73

We accept sheets made with any version of Finale, seeing as they're all backwards compatible.

universe-X

Cool.

So what about Cobraroll's idea? Do you think it would be good to have 5 different versions of one sheet on sight, even though it compares to it's game? (Did you see a pro & con there?)

Concerto No.20 in D minor

Eh, I think we should just find our old arrangement and put it back up with Mugc's

Nintendude73

5 versions seems way too extreme considering all of the songs that don't even have one sheet on the site.  I'm kind of with Concerto here.

Cobraroll

^Well, I thought it could be in one sheet. A bit like this version here (Ignore the part where Tetris B enters the video):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw7xuJja-Fc&feature=related
Note how it gradually escalates and gets harder.

But I see your point. We should just dig up the old sheet again, until somebody makes a replace-worthy arrangement.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

universe-X

I can probably make it if nobody else wants to. (I am so happy to actually be able to say that! :D ) But it's gonna have to wait after my SMB medley. Could anyone put up a video of the exact song that should be arranged? There's too many versions of Tetris to know which one to do.

MaestroUGC

That is a very interesting idea, I can probably tool around with my arrangement to achieve the desired result.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

universe-X

Quote from: MaestroUGC on December 22, 2009, 09:30:59 AMThat is a very interesting idea, I can probably tool around with my arrangement to achieve the desired result.

Please do! I would also like to see a little extra in notes that were kinda left out in your virtuoso version. Here's something that should explain what I mean:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CpADWtbELQ