News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

Mayahem Temple Interpretation: Help?

Started by Seeker, November 20, 2009, 10:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seeker

I'm having trouble figuring out how to handle the ending of Mayahem Temple, starting at measure 48. My thought process is as follows.

The tremolo in the last measure should have a morendo marking. However, to build up to that, there should be a sense of decay in the preceding measures. I could make this happen in the bass line or in the melody. Now I can't do it in the bass because it's been the driving force through the whole piece, so making that sneaky wouldn't work. I can't do the melody either, because decaying that before the last measure makes the last page drag on forever. And I can't just keep everything strong until the last measure, because I tried that and it sounds stupid.

So how would you handle that?
This is a signature.

MaestroUGC

You could omit a decay and make that final tremolo crescendo, as it should return to the climax point anyway. The decay you want will simply butcher the piece as, well, Kirkhope simply gives you more, not less.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

The Deku Trombonist

Another thought, in the original, there is an arpeggio afterwards which leads to a tremolo which could be re-arranged into a chord. You could decay through the arpeggio and end on the chord afterwards.

Here's the original for some inspiration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjoWbFB4BTE