Dahans' arrangements: Christmas Surprise 2014

Started by dahans, November 13, 2009, 05:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I am looking for motivation... what do you want me to do nex?

Pokemon
19 (41.3%)
Super Mario
17 (37%)
Another medley
6 (13%)
Orchestrated arrangement
4 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Cobraroll

^You're welcome.

By the way, I think you should upload your Ai No Uta arrangement, and the SMS End Theme (that one can go in the "other stuff" section).
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

dahans

Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Cobraroll

Ahh... nice ones.

Pikmin Theme is great, though upon closer thinking, I think you could take it out of the "other stuff" section, as it is a legitimate arrangement, even though it doesn't stem from a game (perhaps you could put it under Super Smash Brawl? Or "[TV] Pikmin Commercial"?).

Route 205 is awesome. But... 8va is seriously needed in some places (I've seen worse, but it would definitely improve the look of it).

For some reason I can't view SMS Ending Theme. I guess it's MediaFire acting up.

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

universe-X

The Deku Trombonist

Just a small layout tip for the Ao No Uta arrangement. If you change the red notes to layer 1 and the black notes to layer 2 in measure 10, they won't overlap.

Cobraroll

Oh, and the last measure on SMS End: Make the cornet's final note be a whole note. Sounds a little better than just chopping it off.

dahans

Update: Yoshi's Island Ending theme, I hope you like it.

universe-X

I really liked the Super Mario World Castle theme... except for a few things that could be improved (btw, I could only listen to the midi atm):

- There was one section that was supposed to be in 3/4
- I don't remember the original being this loud!
- Or this fast!
- one note in one of the later sections is sharp when it's supposed to be a halfstep down (I think)
- Did you use chords in that string of (16th?) notes? Please don't :P

That's all I think, I'll try to find the measures when I actually get back on my Finale Computer.
Otherwise, it sounded really good! Nice job!

Brassman388

Universe, Think Beethoven on crack when it comes to this song.

Dahans, this is such a good piece, be as original as you can with it.

dahans

universe-X

Quote from: Brassman388 on March 06, 2010, 01:29:25 PMUniverse, Think Beethoven on crack when it comes to this song.

Dahans, this is such a good piece, be as original as you can with it.

Nice way to look at it!

And yeah, this song definitely has some really cool original stuff in here... nice work!

dahans

Seeker

This is a signature.

dahans

dahans