Dahans' arrangements: Christmas Surprise 2014

Started by dahans, November 13, 2009, 05:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I am looking for motivation... what do you want me to do nex?

Pokemon
19 (41.3%)
Super Mario
17 (37%)
Another medley
6 (13%)
Orchestrated arrangement
4 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 46

dahans

[GBA]Super Mario Land

Ending theme:
[MUS] www.mediafire.com/download.php?dz7voaa1vswtdpz

Please tell me honestly: Are my arrangements becoming more and more boring and unemotional? I think so :/. I try to make them as accurate as possible, but they aren't no longer in dahans style.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

SlowPokemon

Well, I don't know about that, but I just noticed something.

I request the end credits from Mario and Luigi Partners in Time, which has a set ending, and you make it repeat. I request the end credits from Super Mario Bros. 3, which repeats with no definite ending, and you write your own ending. That's kind of strange! xD
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

dahans

Jub3r7

We're all strange. Including that Strange Boy over there. And this mysterious kid over here.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

dahans

CHRISTMAS SPECIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is a medley for orchestra with christmasey arrangements. Between these arrangements you will find little bridges called ouvertures! I have composed them myself :D! Merry Christmas everyone! (and EVERYONE MUST LISTEN TO IT!)
Christmas medley:
[MUS] [MIDI]

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Korados

:o How much free time do you have, that is unbelieveble, very good job! ;D Can I make some suggestions about the medley?

1. If you quote other composers, be sure to quote their names also, or even better, make a quotation list with the measures at the beginning so you don't have to write the quotes into the score, I do that when I compose.
2. In the prestissimo part m. 202 and so on, the pizzicato will exhaust the string players, or even break their fingers I guess, it's better you write presto possible (so schnell wie möglich). The same is with the prestississississimo part, that is very hard to pronounce, too. :D
3. Fortississississimo is rarely used, you can use it, but I'd prefer ff marcato or marcatissimo.

Besides this, thank you veeery much for that, now I can't wait for christmas anymore! ;)

dahans

xDD I knew that somebody would complain that I have too much free time xDDD.

1. Yeah you're absolutely right.
2. I know xD. But since this piece will never be performed by a real orchestra, I thought it wouldn't be a problem. But basically, you're right it's unplayable.
3. The prestissisississimo was just a joke xD. Presto possible sounds much better^^.

:D No problem! I am glad that you liked it! :D

SlowPokemon

It's awesome! I am having trouble recognizing the songs in there though! xD
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

IAmYou

I like the christmas arrangement! A few little nitpicky things though

1. Is there a difference between glockenspiel and bells? 'Cause just one of them could play both parts just fine.

2. Sixteenth notes on tubular bells? Yikes. I'd hate to be attempting that.

3. I'm not sure they make tubular bells that have the range you wrote. I've only ever seen them from C4 to F5.

4. Some of those flute parts are pretty low. It could be pretty hard to here them there. Also, The part that contains the C7 (132 to 148) would be easier and would probably sound better on piccolo.

dahans

:D Thanks IAmYoU! This arrangement isn't supposed to be played by an real orchestra. Thus there's no piccolo flute. Same with Tubular bells. And to be honest, I don't know if there's a difference between glockenspiel and bells. I picked them, because I thought they would fit. xD (glockenspiel is german which means "bell game", probably it's the same!)

@Slow: What was the problem? Didn't you recognise slateport city or the snowpark theme of MK64? :/

Winter

Winter

Another thing: Finale is now not responding (big file)

It's continuing to play music, but not showing the sheets :p

and omg there's partridge in a pear tree XD

Taser9090

Well done :D

Let's see I can recognize these...
Slateport
Paper Mario, possibly?
Sherbet Island (N64)
Christmas Carols :D

Thanks for the present to all of us NSM users :)

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

Olimar12345

not to copy u or anything, but do u care if i put my chrstmas medely up? its a piano solo i made back in november and its really fun to play :D
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Korados