Dahans' arrangements: Christmas Surprise 2014

Started by dahans, November 13, 2009, 05:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I am looking for motivation... what do you want me to do nex?

Pokemon
19 (41.3%)
Super Mario
17 (37%)
Another medley
6 (13%)
Orchestrated arrangement
4 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 46

dahans

Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Cobraroll

I'm afraid the revised version of Slateport City you put up is exactly the same as was there before. The one you showed me on MSN was totally different.

Also, hurry to polish your submitted arrangements!
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

dahans

What's wrong with my submitted songs? (Slateport fixed)

dahans

Cobraroll

Gourmet Race? Awesome, we needed that song on site! And unlike the other duets we have, it's playable on one piano! Woo! Long time since I've heard the original, really, I prefer the SSBB version. Though, that version is nigh on impossible to play on piano (unless you use a jackhammer to play the bass, of course). You've done a great job with this.

Though, there are instances of both players hitting the same key at the same time, but I guess that's a minor issue. After all, the old version we had of Delfino Plaza was like that in almost every other measure (on average), and players sure can come to an agreement on who's getting to play the Es.

Keep it up!

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

dahans

Anonymoose

In response to your response to my response (phew) in the other thread, I think it'd be cool if you arranged the gym leader battle music from Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow. It's probably my favorite song from the pokemon games, yet I can't find sheet music for it anywhere.

dahans

Quote from: Anonymoose on January 03, 2010, 10:06:30 PMIn response to your response to my response (phew) in the other thread, I think it'd be cool if you arranged the gym leader battle music from Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow. It's probably my favorite song from the pokemon games, yet I can't find sheet music for it anywhere.
Just tell me, when do you need it? It will take me probably 4-5 days, is that ok for you?

Anonymoose

Quote from: dahans on January 04, 2010, 06:24:43 AM
Quote from: Anonymoose on January 03, 2010, 10:06:30 PMIn response to your response to my response (phew) in the other thread, I think it'd be cool if you arranged the gym leader battle music from Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow. It's probably my favorite song from the pokemon games, yet I can't find sheet music for it anywhere.
Just tell me, when do you need it? It will take me probably 4-5 days, is that ok for you?

Take all the time you need, a musician should never be rushed  ;)

dahans

dahans

It was faster than expected. However, this is my version of Gym Leader Battle. I think I did quite a good job. I hope you like it.

Cobraroll

Gym Leader Battle is incredibly cool, but also extremely fast. Now well, we all need a goal.

Another reason why I'm posting here now: Trainer Battle. I think there are a few steps you can go to make it playable, by reach if not by speed:

- Most chords with large "gaps" between notes can be modified. In most cases, it's easier to play the lowest note in the chord with the left hand, and where this can't be applied, lower the upper note and put a ^ mark on it instead to give it the emphasis it needs to sound good. I guess the gaps is Nintendude's issue when he says the song isn't playable.

- Other than that, I'd say the speed is playable.... in theory.

So hurry up, do something. It would be too bad not to have this song on site. Less than thirty hours to the next update, and after that... there may be months.

dahans

Quote from: Cobraroll on January 08, 2010, 02:26:06 PMGym Leader Battle is incredibly cool, but also extremely fast. Now well, we all need a goal.

Another reason why I'm posting here now: Trainer Battle. I think there are a few steps you can go to make it playable, by reach if not by speed:

- Most chords with large "gaps" between notes can be modified. In most cases, it's easier to play the lowest note in the chord with the left hand, and where this can't be applied, lower the upper note and put a ^ mark on it instead to give it the emphasis it needs to sound good. I guess the gaps is Nintendude's issue when he says the song isn't playable.

- Other than that, I'd say the speed is playable.... in theory.

Thx for your commemoration, without your help, I would have forgotten!!!!

So hurry up, do something. It would be too bad not to have this song on site. Less than thirty hours to the next update, and after that... there may be months.

Anonymoose

Thanks for the arrangement. It sounds really well done and its gonna take me ages to learn lol

Just a side note, I am very impressed by how quickly you've put together this arrangement and how well done it was on such a quick moments notice. I can't imagine how long it would take me to put together something half as good as this. Just wanted to get that out there.

The only thing I've noticed so far when listening to the recording is that there should be a harmony on the top part beginning on the third measure.

Keep up the good work

dahans

Quote from: Anonymoose on January 09, 2010, 09:21:33 PMThanks for the arrangement. It sounds really well done and its gonna take me ages to learn lol

Just a side note, I am very impressed by how quickly you've put together this arrangement and how well done it was on such a quick moments notice. I can't imagine how long it would take me to put together something half as good as this. Just wanted to get that out there.

The only thing I've noticed so far when listening to the recording is that there should be a harmony on the top part beginning on the third measure.

Keep up the good work
Thank you very much! Unfortunately there aren't a lot of NSM members, who listen to my arrangments. I hope this will change!
However, thanks for the advice and the compliments and if you have any further request, just tell me!