Dahans' arrangements: Christmas Surprise 2014

Started by dahans, November 13, 2009, 05:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I am looking for motivation... what do you want me to do nex?

Pokemon
19 (41.3%)
Super Mario
17 (37%)
Another medley
6 (13%)
Orchestrated arrangement
4 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 46

SlowPokemon

Was looking at the very good .MUS file, but there is a slight problem -

Most everything from a Mario game that you arrange is credited to Koji Kondo. Staff Credits of Partners in Time is composed by Yoko Shimomura, actually.

And Gusty Garden is by Mahito Yokota.

I had to get that off my chest. But it's a good arrangement, otherwise.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

dahans

Hmmm... I did not know that staff credits of Partners in time is composed by yoko shimomura. I might change that^^.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

dahans

The Deku Trombonist

Sounds great, I really enjoyed listening to it. One thing I would suggest though, is to fix the way the rhythms are grouped in the voice part to make it more readable.

dahans

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on August 22, 2010, 04:39:08 AMSounds great, I really enjoyed listening to it. One thing I would suggest though, is to fix the way the rhythms are grouped in the voice part to make it more readable.
Thank you very much! :D But how do I change that?

anyway, the second anime update today.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

dahans

SuperRiolu

I love your Pokémon arrangements, dahans! I can only listen to the MIDIs now, but I can really sense you put in a lot of time and effort to make these sound super awesome! Keep it Up!! Thanks so much for making these! (oh, and you did great with your submissions to the Great G/S Medley!)
I'm just going to spend my summer here in California doing so many things. There are a lot of things to do here!

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: dahans on August 22, 2010, 12:29:07 PMThank you very much! :D But how do I change that?

I re-wrote the rhythms according to the rules of correct note grouping to give you an idea of what I mean. Basically, you want to write down your rhythms in such a way that "highlights" each beat. This is especially important when the rhythms are tied across the beat. This has nothing to do with the rhythms themselves, just the way they are written down.

And one other thing, I'm pretty sure that you're not supposed to use dotted rests unless the music is in compound time (ie 6/8, 9/8, 12/8). In which case, it's only used because it signifies an entire beat.

Link!

dahans

Thank you so much Deku! How long did it take you to change that? You are right it looks much nicer!
(it's really hard for me to understand the music terms, since I've never had an english music lesson. but thank you! this really helped a lot!)

Quote from: SuperRiolu on August 22, 2010, 11:39:33 PMI love your Pokémon arrangements, dahans! I can only listen to the MIDIs now, but I can really sense you put in a lot of time and effort to make these sound super awesome! Keep it Up!! Thanks so much for making these! (oh, and you did great with your submissions to the Great G/S Medley!)
:D Comments like this give me reason to continue arranging! Thanks for listening to my arrangments.

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: dahans on August 23, 2010, 12:18:56 AM(it's really hard for me to understand the music terms, since I've never had an english music lesson. but thank you! this really helped a lot!)

Which bits do you need cleared up? I'm quite happy to explain it more if you want ;)

dahans

:D thanks for your friendly offer!^^

At the moment everything's clear! If I have a question, I will ask you!
Sry, there is one question: Would you mind explaining me "And one other thing, I'm pretty sure that you're not supposed to use dotted rests unless the music is in compound time (ie 6/8, 9/8, 12/8). In which case, it's only used because it signifies an entire beat." that?

The Deku Trombonist

Somewhere in the voice part you hard a dotted crotchet (or quarter note or whatever you call them) rest. For some reason, I don't know why, you're not supposed to use them. Instead, you'd write it as a crotchet rest followed by a quaver rest.

The only place you can use them is in compound time signatures (6/8, 9/8, 12/8 etc). That's because each beat is made up of 3 quavers which simplifies to a dotted crotchet (Take a look at my replacement of Clanker's Cavern from B-K for an example of 12/8).

Hopefully that makes sense. The theory behind it all is kinda confusing and complicated but it all makes sense in the end once you eventually understand it.

dahans

SuperRiolu

You're Dewford TOWN was fairly good. I personally liked DP's better. It much more stylistic effects, and some parts it sounded like it probably wouldn't have been playable, but it is a decent arrangement! Good Work!
I'm just going to spend my summer here in California doing so many things. There are a lot of things to do here!