Dahans' arrangements: Christmas Surprise 2014

Started by dahans, November 13, 2009, 05:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I am looking for motivation... what do you want me to do nex?

Pokemon
19 (41.3%)
Super Mario
17 (37%)
Another medley
6 (13%)
Orchestrated arrangement
4 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 46

dahans

Haha! :D Buoy Base as a Virtuoso Arrangment? Well... I could try, we'll see...
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

TheLegend

haha... I want to send you my thing for the musical showdown thing.  wait, I already am.... never mind. 

dahans

OK^^.
In progress: Starship Mario from Super Mario Galaxy 2, I hope you will like it.

Bloop

Quote from: dahans on June 15, 2010, 05:34:30 AMOK^^.
In progress: Starship Mario from Super Mario Galaxy 2, I hope you will like it.
Wow, it's a good arrangement!

Yeah, I like it now XD

dahans

I was faster than I expected (1 hour :O ). UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Olimar12345

ur starship mario was...meh. it could have been better, idk, something just didnt seem right...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

dahans

What didn't seem right? I listened to the original again and it sounds OK for me. In the original version there's a pizzicato bass, that is really difficult to arrange. But probably I am wrong, I am interested what the other members think. Maybe, you mean another version (there are 3 IIRC)

universe-X

Umm... :( around 20-end it could be improved. The beginning could also use a few octave chords. From 20 (or around there, I think it was 24), those notes in the treble were wrong... Honestly, not one of your best works... :-/

The Deku Trombonist

Which version (I, II or III) of Starship Mario did you arrange?

I think you should take out the pedal marking. It makes it sound cluttered and a bit too full for my liking. It's supposed to be a light and bouncy kind of song. The left hand is also a bit too "heavy" for lack of a better way to put it. Instead of having the dotted crotchet, I would replace it with a quaver. Then you can also move all of the left hand onto one layer as well.  
Also, perhaps you could re-write the opening 2 bars so the first semiquaver is part of an anacrusis (upbeat), then the rest should fall on the beat nicely.

Just my first impressions. But I don't know which version you arranged so I haven't gone back to the original.

Olimar12345

for one the 1st two measures are all chords... and ur missing the chord in the second note on the bass clef after the hold.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

dahans

:O So many new words *openthedictionary*, let's improve it together :D. First of all I tried to arrange the first version, I do not really like the other two.
The bass seems OK to me, it might be a bit heavy. Do you know how I could change that?
Quote from: olimar12345 on June 15, 2010, 10:15:39 PMfor one the 1st two measures are all chords... and ur missing the chord in the second note on the bass clef after the hold.
Which measure? The first or the second? In the first version there aren't chords, but I could add them to make it sound beter.

And sry Deku, I didn't get what you mean with the upbeat. Probably you could edit it? :D I know my english sucks^^.

http://www.mediafire.com/?m3n4jzjymmw

I don't know if it's better, but I tried to edit some things. I NEED CRITICAL STATEMENTS!

The Deku Trombonist

You could fix the bass by trying out what I suggested, perhaps?
As for the upbeat, I'll do that tomorrow morning as I'm not at home right now and won't be home till very late.
And the strings definitely play chords in the first and second bars in the original.

dahans

SlowPokemon

A bit late, but I know everyone enjoys appreciation:
Nice starship mario theme! Now do Space Storm and Fluffy Bluff. And I will *possibly* give you money.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

dahans

WTF??? You will give me money? What do you mean? And how? xD

I appreciate that you like it, but probably you have realised that some other members do not like it. I will wait until it is improved. (I will do fluffy buff AND a GUSTY GARDEN (VIRTUOSO) )