News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Building my Computer, anyone else?

Started by Link Freak, March 13, 2008, 04:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Freak

When did you buy the gts? I see you are up to date on video card tech :) 9800gx2 just came out today! W00t!

Harvest

I bought the GTS by accident, I wanted a GT but I was fine with it.

Though now I can trade it in a pay the difference, which I am certainly going to do.  I want Crysis on MAX!!!

woot I sent in my Step Up request!  I can't wait.

Apparently my motherboard is lost somewhere.  Damn.  Oh well, I've waited more than a month already, I can wait more.
-

Link Freak

OOh, I just ordered my motherboard! I cant wait till it comes! This is better than christmas!

http://usa.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=572&l4=0&model=1889&modelmenu=1

This is THE best motherboard for single card solutions. It is also THE best at overclocking! :D

Concerto No.20 in D minor

I love the color of that board, but its cooling system isn't as cool looking as others.

Link Freak

Quote from: Concerto No.20 in D minor on March 20, 2008, 10:03:37 AMI love the color of that board, but its cooling system isn't as cool looking as others.

But it does what it's supposed to do ;P
It cost me $260 for it.

(remember me concerto, I was rewind from sb-c)

Lildigipoke2

Quote from: Link Freak on March 20, 2008, 10:26:27 AM
Quote from: Concerto No.20 in D minor on March 20, 2008, 10:03:37 AMI love the color of that board, but its cooling system isn't as cool looking as others.

It cost me $260 for it.

that's a lot of money!

CHOCOLATEEEEEEE

Link Freak

Quote from: Lildigipoke2 on March 21, 2008, 08:27:43 AM

It cost me $260 for it.

that's a lot of money!

I have $50 coming in the mail (mail in rebate), and my brothers owe me $65. I currently have $60...so that's...$175 total. I's $10 short for my processor...dang it...

Lildigipoke2

CHOCOLATEEEEEEE

Concerto No.20 in D minor

It cost me $260 for it.

Rewind?

Link Freak

Quote from: Concerto No.20 in D minor on March 22, 2008, 03:40:00 PM

It cost me $260 for it.

Rewind?

Yo

Link Freak

Just got my mobo in today, man does it look cool in my case, will get some pics today

Harvest

They've shipped my GX2.

Wow, mine is already obsolete.  They just released 3 more versions of the GX2 for like the same price.  Or are they just overclocked editions?
-

Link Freak

Quote from: Harvest on April 05, 2008, 07:15:45 AM....

They've shipped my GX2.

Wow, mine is already obsolete.  They just released 3 more versions of the GX2 for like the same price.  Or are they just overclocked editions?

Most Likely, I wouldn't buy the over clocked editions, I would just do it myself. Are you running vista, or xp?

Harvest

I'm going to be running XP?

Also, I don't have an XP disc, would you trust a torrent version of XP?
-

Mike

Quote from: Harvest on March 14, 2008, 07:53:33 AMAlso, just to discourage you, building my PC has been the absolute worst experience of my life, its been a total nightmare.

Same here. I had built my own PC back in 2004 because I was in an apartment on my own to finish my last year of High School. It cost me 3000$ and out of the computers I got, it was the ones with the most problems. I kept having driver problems for my video card causing blue screens of death, my motherboard fried a week after I got it, after copying or downloading something, if the file size was large (over 300megs) it would take forever for it to copy and if its downloading it would freeze at 99% for like 15 minutes. Later I got a laptop and gave that computer to my parents to put in the family room. A few months ago it died because the motherboard fried and they don't make that model anymore or any motherboards that support what I had, making that computer the computer with the less life we've ever had.