News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

It's the fault of the humans. If we had learned to live to coexist with nature instead of destroying it, the world would have been a much better place for every living thing, including us. But we can't.

Because of the one basic truth nearly every religion needs to realize. Humans are not the image of some divine being. We are evil. Self- destructive, greedy, power lusting evil. We only consume, kill, and destroy. Oh yes, and multiply. We give nothing back to the Earth like nearly every other species on the planet. Humans are like a disease on a planet sized scale. We started out as a common cold, but have slowly evolved into the cancer you see today. And like any disease, we will die when our host dies, which we will have killed. Unless of course, we evolve to the point where we can become a communicable disease and spread to other planets susceptible to us. And then we become a plague on a galactic scale.

We want to save the Earth? Two ways we can do that:

1)Learn to live with the Earth instead of mindlessly killing it(never going to happen)
or
2)Kill ourselves.

That's it.

We think we are above nature and the environment. We think we are superior. And that belief is going to kill us. If we don't destroy ourselves in some nuclear war first, anyway.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

ETFROXX

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on May 19, 2011, 11:48:41 AMIt's the fault of the humans. If we had learned to live to coexist with nature instead of destroying it, the world would have been a much better place for every living thing, including us. But we can't.

Because of the one basic truth nearly every religion needs to realize. Humans are not the image of some divine being. We are evil. Self- destructive, greedy, power lusting evil. We only consume, kill, and destroy. Oh yes, and multiply. We give nothing back to the Earth like nearly every other species on the planet. Humans are like a disease on a planet sized scale. We started out as a common cold, but have slowly evolved into the cancer you see today. And like any disease, we will die when our host dies, which we will have killed. Unless of course, we evolve to the point where we can become a communicable disease and spread to other planets susceptible to us. And then we become a plague on a galactic scale.

1)Learn to live with the Earth instead of mindlessly killing it(never going to happen)
or
2)Kill ourselves.

That's it.

We think we are above nature and the environment. We think we are superior. And that belief is going to kill us. If we don't destroy ourselves in some nuclear war first, anyway.

I like how you summed up what I feel. But yeah, I agree with you.

Roz~

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on May 19, 2011, 11:48:41 AMIt's the fault of the humans. If we had learned to live to coexist with nature instead of destroying it, the world would have been a much better place for every living thing, including us. But we can't.

or
2)Kill ourselves.

That's it.

^This. Religion was created because some humans wanted power. They now have it.
I've always hated mankind, and you've pretty much stated the reasons as to why I hate it.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

ETFROXX

Roz this is why I love you. We're so much alike. <3 SFK can be our regular prostitute for three-somes 'cause he's cool too.

HugoMeister

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

ETFROXX

Roz~

Quote from: ETFROXX on May 19, 2011, 01:07:01 PMRoz this is why I love you. We're so much alike. <3 SFK can be our regular prostitute for three-somes 'cause he's cool too.

EXACTLY. <3

universe-X

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on May 19, 2011, 09:48:48 AMThat's because you're derpy about everything.  It's not my fault you act like a moron.  That's basically asking for it.
I read moron as "mormon".

As far as a religion, I've grown up as a Hindu, was taught to "believe in God, worship him, respect him" (he doesn't fear me, I don't fear him), and studied Buddhist ideas. Honestly, these 3 beliefs shaped me to learn what morals are best, even though I don't essentially follow a lot of them :P

Oh, and some enlightenment once in a while never hurts. But that's just me.

EDIT: There's also this one bitch Christian in my school. Whenever I even mention the word "religion" she bumps me out of it and says "Shut up, your Hindu!"

I might've mentioned her before, but dammit, she's that annoying.

SuperFireKirby

Buddhism ftw. Best religion/philosophy in my opinion. No tricks or gimmicks or promises of eternity, just a way to become a better human. Love it.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Roz~

universe-X

Yeah, as far as a higher being: Faith in one doesn't hurt. Humans can't say they know who He truly is yet, though. -.-

SuperRiolu

My father says: Act like a good Christian and perhaps you might show those believing in reason to believe in faith.

I never force my beliefs on someone.

Buddhism is truly awesome, according to my Global Religion teacher, it is the most spiritual atheism in the world.

I'm just going to spend my summer here in California doing so many things. There are a lot of things to do here!

fingerz

Religion is a very dangerous topic to talk about. :P
Some people could retort at every comment you make.
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

ETFROXX

KefkaticFanatic

@SFK:

Religion was a method for the unintelligent simple people of the past to be able to explain all of the natural phenomena that occurred around them.  As they lacked the methods to discover, prove, etc. why the sky was blue, why humans are the only ones that can talk, etc., they went ahead and made mythology to explain all of these things.  As we are now able to go ahead and actually find answers to things, the only thing that religion really does now is try and console people who are afraid of death.  Which is fine if you really need that.  However, the rest of it is simply outdated and irrelevant in the modern age.

me irl
[close]