News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roz~

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on April 20, 2011, 06:58:42 PMI agree, there were many worse people then Hitler, both before and after WWII.

But that doesn't mean Hitler wasn't a terrible person. Ordering a mass extermination of Jews, gypsies, and the handicapped sounds pretty fucked up to me.

Just like the Rwandan Genocide is. But for some reason people tend to forget about that.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Dude

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

kirby_superstar

Saying you can't/shouldn't/whatever 4-20 cuz it's the anniversary of Columbine and Hitler's birthday is essentially saying you can't celebrate or observe any day of the year. I can guarantee you that throughout the millenia a million atrocities have come to pass on your own birthday.

Anyway, I agree with Mashi. I wouldn't in any way want to diminish how vile I find WWII to be, but there have historically been more people with an evil bone in their body. Hitler just happens to be the most recent and notorious as he is the most fresh in our collective memories. Also, it's shocking to us that something so terrible could happen so recently that our great-grandparents were all alive and kicking when it happened.
Not to mention, the amount of literature and coverage WWII, Hitler, and the Holocaust have received have propelled the entire period of 1939-1945 forever into the history books and public sentiment.

And to end on a related note, NOT TO SOUND LIKE A STONER, but I'm pretty sure many of these things could have been avoided if all the involved parties had just blazed and relaxed every now and then, ahaha.

@Dude: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rwandan_Genocide :

"The Rwandan Genocide was the 1994 mass murder of an estimated 800,000 people in the small East African nation of Rwanda. Over the course of approximately 100 days from the assassination of Juvénal Habyarimana on April 6 through mid-July, at least 800,000 people were killed, according to a Human Rights Watch estimate.[1] Other estimates of the death toll have ranged between 500,000 and 1,000,000,[2] or as much as 20% of the country's total population. It was the culmination of longstanding ethnic competition and tensions between the minority Tutsi, who had controlled power for centuries, and the majority Hutu peoples, who had come to power in the rebellion of 1959â€"1962 and overthrown the Tutsi monarchy."
x = y + 1. Where x = current post count, and y = previous post count.

KefkaticFanatic

I don't know why you guys are so busy with all this shooting business, Skynet is the real situation here.

me irl
[close]

Ruto

Arrived in Seoul...another 3 hours and 30 minutes to Hong Kong. So dizzy  :-\

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Roz~

Oshi-- I'll pm you later for that postcard! 8D
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SuperFireKirby

Got my driver's license finally. Not that I have any real use for it. But still nice to have it anyway just in case.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

DrP

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on April 21, 2011, 12:27:29 PMGot my driver's license finally. Not that I have any real use for it. But still nice to have it anyway just in case.
Well, Congrats! My best friend had to do that... just in case, you know?

I live in an area where walking around isn't necessarily the best mode of transport. It's kinda strange, we're urban/suburban.

Saria

Quote from: Ruto on April 21, 2011, 02:41:12 AMArrived in Seoul...another 3 hours and 30 minutes to Hong Kong. So dizzy  :-\
HELLO! :D
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

DrP

Woo! Farmers market tonight downtown... and all I'm there for is to pick up a prescription. It's gonna be a madhouse!

universe-X

Drawing an anime version of my friend for her birthday :P

Dang, it's been a while...

Harvest

Never have a day off so when I finally get a holiday like today....I have no idea what to do and end up doing nothing.....sigh
-

DrP

I went hiking up one of the local hills around here. It was so much fun, and you could see so much!!! The view was so amazing and everything is so GREEN!