News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roz~

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on April 06, 2011, 08:31:57 PMAs long as this is planned around Quake Con(also held in Texas), I'm in.

Just please no canada, eh

Why.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Jub3r7

It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

DrP

Well, if we look at Nevada, there are a whole lot more NSM members around that state. or close to it

So, I say Vegas?

Cobraroll

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 06, 2011, 08:40:01 PMgeorgia

Why? That would only be close to Dahans, and pretty far away from everybody else. Besides, everybody would have to change planes several times on their journey there. Also, what is there to do there? I haven't heard much good about Tblisi, and that is said to be the only "place to be" in the country...

I repeat again, anything West of the Rookies would only be practical for our American members. Anywhere but Australia would be impractical for the Aussies.

Then again, there's nothing wrong with having regional meets... I mean, we don't necessarily need to gather all our members worldwide. After all, most of our members are American.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Jub3r7

Quote from: Cobraroll on April 07, 2011, 09:56:27 AMWhy? That would only be close to Dahans, and pretty far away from everybody else. Besides, everybody would have to change planes several times on their journey there. Also, what is there to do there? I haven't heard much good about Tblisi, and that is said to be the only "place to be" in the country...

I repeat again, anything West of the Rookies would only be practical for our American members. Anywhere but Australia would be impractical for the Aussies.

Then again, there's nothing wrong with having regional meets... I mean, we don't necessarily need to gather all our members worldwide. After all, most of our members are American.
We were talking about Georgia, in the US, lol.

We have four members not just NEAR there, but who live there, too. So yeah.

DrP

Quote from: Cobraroll on April 07, 2011, 09:56:27 AMWhy? That would only be close to Dahans, and pretty far away from everybody else. Besides, everybody would have to change planes several times on their journey there. Also, what is there to do there? I haven't heard much good about Tblisi, and that is said to be the only "place to be" in the country...

You know, its kinda funny... youre the reverse "stupid american". When there was the crisis in Georgia, so many stupid americans thought it was in the State of Georgia (one of our 50). I'm not trying to call you stupid (and I don't mean to), but you're the first person i've met that refers to Georgia the country before Georgia the state.

and well, if you don't want to go west of the rockies, then you can go to Denver, which is in the rockies...

But for international visitors, it would be good to see what is the cheapest airfare to certain destinations.

Here's a good list of cities:
US Domestic: New York, Chicago, Seattle, New Orleans, Austin TX, Denver or some California City
North America: US Cities, Toronto, Montréal/Québec City
International: Osaka or Tokyo, Paris, Berlin, Copenhagen or London
Australians and West Coast US: Hawaii

Cobraroll

^Meant to be ironic  ;). I always hate when Americans refer to places like Valencia, Frankfurt, most prominent example Georgia, and sometimes even London, and presume that everybody know that they are talking about places in the US... I'm sure there are lots and lots of more, but can't think of any right now. In most cases, the original places were named so for several hundred years before somebody named an American city after them.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

DrP

Yep... or theyre named for things/people but in another language.

Like Austin and Huston are named after Texas Republic founders, Los Angeles is Spanish for "The Angels", San Francisco and San Diego are named after Saint Francis of Assisi and Saint Didacus. Many California cities are names of Catholic saints. Then we see Georgia, named for King George, Virginia named for Queen Elizabeth, New York named after the Duke of York, Philadelphia named for the love of the entire community that it shares. But other places like Venice, Perris (Paris), London, Rome and other cities in the US are just direct copies and are kinda stupid.

Im guessing you know of Valencia, CA because of Magic Mountain??? I ask people from outside CA and theyre like... Valencia??? WTF. But I have been to Valencia, Spain... a beautiful city!

Winter

Quote from: drpamplemousse on April 07, 2011, 08:32:43 AMWell, if we look at Nevada, there are a whole lot more NSM members around that state. or close to it

So, I say Vegas?

Hell yes

Jub3r7

>> I thought there was a reason I thought of you the moment drp mentioned Vegas.

...Actually, I'm still not really sure why.

Winter

Roz~

No more Diash crap to do! Finally! :D
Also NYC would be nice. Montréal too. Vegas looks overrated.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Jub3r7

When my teacher said they gave her mace to carry around in her purse during a self defense class, I thought she meant a mace.
Would be much more awsm.

Roz~