The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

It's not a terrible game, it's just an EXTREMELY overrated game. It was alright.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Sure its outclassed by many rpgs... still its way better than others.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Concerto No.20 in D minor

It's not even alright, it's so bad it makes me laugh.  After a crazy opening cinematic with a song that I'm sure every tween had on their iPods in 2002, You start out the game picking your class.  But before that you are met with a terrible fate.  You have been cursed to use the L2 and R2 triggers to control a camera that puts more effort into driving you insane than actually being any use.  Anyways, I was like, "Oh cool I can be a mage or a paladin or fighter type guy.  So if I choose the shield, I get the shield right?". No.  Just different stats.  Then some people ask you some multiple choice questions, and you answer them how you feel like answering them.  "I liek freindz," and "I wanna be numbur one!"   You think they're asking you so you can branch your character out.  Oh huh, turns out that answering them different ways CHANGES THE DIFFICULTY OF THE GAME. Thanks for letting me know that Square Soft! 

So far, it's been a horrible, head scratching story.  You're on an island where you live as Robinson Crusoe did, just with other kids, beating little girls senseless with bokkens, trying to beat some guy in a race with a broken jump mechanic and hiding your undying love for a 12 girl in super short shorts.   
Then later your mom tells you it's time for dinner, and yo...wait.  Your mom!?  Weren't you living on this island with just other kids?   Anyways, it's raining so your island gets sucked into a black hole.  Obviously. 

Oh, what's this?  Disney characters!  Que the terrible cutscenes and slapstick humor.  And oh cool, GRINDING!  You tell me I
can only do the same attack for the next three hours and have no ability to block?  AND you're going to railroad me along the way?   
Sounds like a brain exploding good time.  And what's this?  The ABSOLUTE WORST WAY TO TRAVEL BETWEEN LEVELS EVER CONCIEVED?  A space shooter that looks like it was thrown together in literally one hour.   Just look at those polygons!  All 6 of them.  And I have to do this every rime I want to travel between levels?  So after all of this I get to Alice in Wonderland.  And I have to use my broken jumping mechanic again to gather evidence.  Lucky me, to complete this level you need to have a potion.  Huzzah!  I have none left.  Time to get back in the Porygon ship and fly to Travers Town to buy some and fly back to Wonderland.  Oh, oopsie doodles, I wasted my potion and have to go back and get another one.  All because the game prompted me to eat a nut instead of actually doing what I was supposed to.  Wanna know why?  TERRIBLE CAMERA CONTROL.  I'm going to continue playing the game, just to see if it actually can get worse.  Then rant some more.

Dude

Roz~

Quote from: Concerto No.20 in D minor on March 21, 2011, 08:53:09 PMThe ABSOLUTE WORST WAY TO TRAVEL BETWEEN LEVELS EVER CONCIEVED?  A space shooter that looks like it was thrown together in literally one hour.   Just look at those polygons!  All 6 of them.  And I have to do this every rime I want to travel between levels? 

Ogawd this. T'was horrible to travel between levels. That's why I fell in love with the warp feature. The game's not perfect but it's still an alright game. Also KH2 is supposed to be awsm and a lot better than KH. Need to buy eet.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Ruto

I usually blame my attention span for disliking games that everyone liked  :-\

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

fingerz

Yes, well attention span has to do with whether the game is any good at the start. :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

SuperFireKirby

I think this sketch is a real winner :D

the nose sucks though

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

DrP

universe-X

Jub3r7

It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Dude

@SFK's Pic: Those lips look like Michael Jackson's... Actually the whole jaw area does.

Roz~

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

universe-X

Quote from: Jub3r7 on March 22, 2011, 06:59:36 PM
Unapproved.

Thanks for being probably the 5th/6th person to piss me off today.

Brassman388

The drawing looked like Charlie Sheen for a sec.