The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: drpamplemousse on January 12, 2011, 08:02:04 PMSo, it's official... I started a company with a friend

Say hello to Veilstone, LLP. Cal Poly's leading student run firm of accounting students.

We are only in tax, but hope to add audit in a few years.

Website coming soon!
Nice!

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

sipan1234

Quote from: drpamplemousse on January 12, 2011, 10:58:19 AMI have family in Zeeland and Zuid-Holland

two provinces that is not so far away from me.

Ruto

Hmm...slept for 10 hours and I'm still tired as hell.  :-\

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on January 13, 2011, 03:19:30 AMI got accepted to study classical trombone at university  ;D

Congrats  ;)

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Harvest

Had such a great idea for a presentation, but am once again limited by time and tech....

I realize for what I wanted to do, I would need flash skills....and well...flash.

There was one time when I had a pirate flash and at least basic flash skills, enough to do what I want to do...
-

SuperFireKirby

Unfortunately for you, Adobe designs there products so they're nearly impossible to use without lots of time and effort put into learn them. Because if everyone could actually use/afford their programs, that'd just be lame and convenient.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Harvest

Well instead of doing my presentation I read the Doors of Perception by Aldous Huxley.

Now I just really want to try mescalin, which sounds like the ultimate drug.  Sounds like acid, shrooms, and weed all rolled into one with none of the negative side effects.  0% chance of addiction.  No hangover of any kind.  Maintain ability to react to situations.  aaaaand well, you spend time that feels like centuries looking at things like chairs and acting like they're some sort of spiritual thing etc etc..

sounds like a fucking blast.  Too bad I have no idea where to get it.

btw, Huxley was a pretty prominent writer who like to take psychedelics.  :D
-

Winter

Quote from: Harvest on January 14, 2011, 02:24:00 PMWell instead of doing my presentation I read the Doors of Perception by Aldous Huxley.

Now I just really want to try mescalin, which sounds like the ultimate drug.  Sounds like acid, shrooms, and weed all rolled into one with none of the negative side effects.  0% chance of addiction.  No hangover of any kind.  Maintain ability to react to situations.  aaaaand well, you spend time that feels like centuries looking at things like chairs and acting like they're some sort of spiritual thing etc etc..

sounds like a fucking blast.  Too bad I have no idea where to get it.

btw, Huxley was a pretty prominent writer who like to take psychedelics.  :D

Negative side effects??????????????????????
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Possible negative side effects that may be encountered, and frequency of occurrence are:

Anxiety - Very common

Queasiness or upset stomach - Very common

Nausea - Common

Muscle tension (tightening of muscle in neck and face) - Common

Respiratory pressure (hard to breath) - Uncommon

Feeling of lose of control - Common at higher doses ( Ego dissolution )

Feeling of fear - Common with inexperienced users

But I trust that you, Harvest, like me are experienced with avoiding these things (Hopefully)

SuperFireKirby

Silly druggies and your desire to escape from reality

Winter

Seriously, I hate escaping reality.

I prefer to get almost there, and ride it out.

The Deku Trombonist

Harvest, have you heard of a guy called Terence McKenna? If you have, are you into what he's on about?

Harvest

sorry Winterkid, I meant like those bullshit side effects afterwards.  Of course when taking drugs like that you can slip into bad trips if your mind drifts into the negative.  If I ever do, which I usually don't anymore, I can always bring myself out of it fairly quickly.

and DT, I haven't heard of him but I'll look him up.
-

Winter

Quote from: Harvest on January 14, 2011, 03:01:13 PMsorry Winterkid, I meant like those bullshit side effects afterwards.  Of course when taking drugs like that you can slip into bad trips if your mind drifts into the negative.  If I ever do, which I usually don't anymore, I can always bring myself out of it fairly quickly.

and DT, I haven't heard of him but I'll look him up.

I finally got that kind of control like a few months ago, it sure is nice.

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Harvest on January 14, 2011, 03:01:13 PMand DT, I haven't heard of him but I'll look him up.

Cool, I'd be interested to know what you think of him. There are heaps of vids on YouTube of his presentations and stuff.

Ruto

All right. Someone told me yesterday I should get to the point because I'm not a kid anymore so...

I LOVE YOU DAHANS!

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.