News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harvest

lol people complaining about classic books.  I remember being in a supposed advanced class, and no one could understand Frankenstein and everyone hated it....except me...I thought it was a masterpiece.  The teacher said she had to reread sections over and over and we would have to as well...but I just read it once and got fantastic marks on every assignment...I mean fuck...fools...
-

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Harvest on January 05, 2011, 06:06:45 PMlol people complaining about classic books.  I remember being in a supposed advanced class, and no one could understand Frankenstein and everyone hated it....except me...I thought it was a masterpiece.  The teacher said she had to reread sections over and over and we would have to as well...but I just read it once and got fantastic marks on every assignment...I mean fuck...fools...

Same situation with me in Lord of the Flies. ;P and pretty much everything else we've read in any class ever.

Of course, I want to be an English teacher. So.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: HugoMeister on January 05, 2011, 06:01:59 PMComplain about books complain about books complain about books. Tuesdays with Morrie was awesome, as was Great Expectations.
I loved the book. I'm not complaining about the book at all. I'm complaining about the essay that I have to write on it. I don't like to write essays.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

HugoMeister

Was telling DekuTrombonist Morrie was awesome, and telling Jub Dickens was awesome. :)

Frankenstein was fabulous too.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

KefkaticFanatic

I had to read Pride and Prejudice, and it was awful.

I made up for it by reading Brave New World, which was great, and now I'm reading The Art of War.

me irl
[close]

HugoMeister

Jane Austen comes soon. Dunno what to think at this point in time.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

ETFROXX

Hugo I'm diggin' the avatar.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 05, 2011, 06:10:03 PMSame situation with me in Lord of the Flies. ;P and pretty much everything else we've read in any class ever.

Of course, I want to be an English teacher. So.

Lord of the Flies was the most horrible book ever and I hated it. =(

universe-X

Eww books.

I have to get To Kill a Mockingbird soon.

One of my favorites was Wednesday Wars.

Roz~

I had to read Animal Farm for my Philosophy class, loved that book. Especially loved the fact that it was a reproduction of Russia's October revolution.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Harvest

hm...I'm wondering how Canada just blew a 3-0 lead to lose 3-5.  What the fuck is that?  Silver two years in a row to bullshit teams like USA and Russia? 
-

Jub3r7

Quote from: universe-X on January 05, 2011, 06:35:20 PMI have to get To Kill a Mockingbird soon.
TKaM isn't horrible... I read that during 8th grade.

What I don't enjoy is being FORCED to read anything. :p

I would enjoy Great Expectations  more if I didn't have to read 3 chapters a night.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Dude

Am I the only one who isn't back to school yet? :3

Nakah

Great Expectations...the book that started off interesting and became progressively more boring as the chapters went on.

Ruto

Quote from: Dude on January 05, 2011, 07:27:03 PMAm I the only one who isn't back to school yet? :3

Nope! xDDD

I'm completely raining on your parade.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Roz~

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.