News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harvest

lol people complaining about classic books.  I remember being in a supposed advanced class, and no one could understand Frankenstein and everyone hated it....except me...I thought it was a masterpiece.  The teacher said she had to reread sections over and over and we would have to as well...but I just read it once and got fantastic marks on every assignment...I mean fuck...fools...
-

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Harvest on January 05, 2011, 06:06:45 PMlol people complaining about classic books.  I remember being in a supposed advanced class, and no one could understand Frankenstein and everyone hated it....except me...I thought it was a masterpiece.  The teacher said she had to reread sections over and over and we would have to as well...but I just read it once and got fantastic marks on every assignment...I mean fuck...fools...

Same situation with me in Lord of the Flies. ;P and pretty much everything else we've read in any class ever.

Of course, I want to be an English teacher. So.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: HugoMeister on January 05, 2011, 06:01:59 PMComplain about books complain about books complain about books. Tuesdays with Morrie was awesome, as was Great Expectations.
I loved the book. I'm not complaining about the book at all. I'm complaining about the essay that I have to write on it. I don't like to write essays.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

HugoMeister

Was telling DekuTrombonist Morrie was awesome, and telling Jub Dickens was awesome. :)

Frankenstein was fabulous too.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

KefkaticFanatic

I had to read Pride and Prejudice, and it was awful.

I made up for it by reading Brave New World, which was great, and now I'm reading The Art of War.

me irl
[close]

HugoMeister

Jane Austen comes soon. Dunno what to think at this point in time.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

ETFROXX

Hugo I'm diggin' the avatar.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 05, 2011, 06:10:03 PMSame situation with me in Lord of the Flies. ;P and pretty much everything else we've read in any class ever.

Of course, I want to be an English teacher. So.

Lord of the Flies was the most horrible book ever and I hated it. =(

universe-X

Eww books.

I have to get To Kill a Mockingbird soon.

One of my favorites was Wednesday Wars.

Roz~

I had to read Animal Farm for my Philosophy class, loved that book. Especially loved the fact that it was a reproduction of Russia's October revolution.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Harvest

hm...I'm wondering how Canada just blew a 3-0 lead to lose 3-5.  What the fuck is that?  Silver two years in a row to bullshit teams like USA and Russia? 
-

Jub3r7

Quote from: universe-X on January 05, 2011, 06:35:20 PMI have to get To Kill a Mockingbird soon.
TKaM isn't horrible... I read that during 8th grade.

What I don't enjoy is being FORCED to read anything. :p

I would enjoy Great Expectations  more if I didn't have to read 3 chapters a night.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Dude

Am I the only one who isn't back to school yet? :3

Nakah

Great Expectations...the book that started off interesting and became progressively more boring as the chapters went on.

Ruto

Quote from: Dude on January 05, 2011, 07:27:03 PMAm I the only one who isn't back to school yet? :3

Nope! xDDD

I'm completely raining on your parade.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Roz~

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.