The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

youre actually lucky. I have to work every day until Christmas from here-on-out... selling chocolate to crazy rich people who don't know how to shop. I really wanna punch 'em they get so annoying.

you just work in a pizza place, where there isn't a line out the door and people are screaming at you for free samples

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SuperFireKirby

Oh boohoo. You guys have to make money for free spending and what-not. HOW TERRIBLE. I wish I could be working. Unfortunately, no one's hiring down here.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

I AM NOT GETTING PAID ON ACCOUNT OF ME NOT BEING FIFTEEN AND MY DAD BEING MY BOSS.

Oh yeah, and I couldn't quit if I wanted to (which I kind of do).

Maybe now you understand what irritates me. >:(

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

xD You're telling me.

It's still a good experience, though, and now that we had a bunch of people quit I may be getting paid soon.

Jub3r7

Chinese restaurants aren't that fun either, when your aunt is the boss and your mother is a fellow employee...
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

universe-X

Speaking of working with mom, I might have to work in a hospital soon as an nurse's assistant (or the like).

ETFROXX

Lulz. I'd love it if my family owned a business I could at least get experience at. I've been trying to get a job for months and no luck yet.

Saria

Quote from: Dude on December 14, 2010, 11:04:36 AMWhy are old people sending me friend requests on facebook?
Because they are pedophiles. Simple.
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

Roz~

Quote from: Nakah on December 13, 2010, 09:26:45 PMHow can you divorce Pink Floyd? That is a mortal sin. That is turning away pure enlightenment. What a shame.

The Beatles are great. I love their music, and Pink Floyd, and that has nothing to do with the point Roz was trying to make about being anti-trendy. Infact, the Beatles are probably more trendy than any known band alive today in the music world. Everyone knows them, but only people making bs allegations about their music being trendy don't actually listen to their music.

Perhaps it's my appreciation for Pink Floyd's use of soul and blues combined with rock and psychedelic sounds. If you notice, Pink Floyd started out very abstract in the 60s with their music being the premier psychedelic sound of the decade, which carried on into the 70s. Then around the time of the Wall and the albums that came in the 80s, their music turned away from that "psychedelic noodling stuff"(as David Gilmour described it) and became more of rock. Either way, don't go judging someone wearing a Dark Side of the Moon shirt as a trendy stoner stuck in the 70s. Their music reaches levels of depth that I don't think any band today even comes close to.

My question is, how can you actually like any of the modern songs today? They're so fake and surface level, and in most cases detrimental to society. It explains why many people who judge the older music don't appreciate it, they see things on the surface level of today's music.

You really didn't read my post now did you? I didn't say The Beatles are anti-trendy, I said that a lot of people say they love their music only because it's cool to say that. I also said that people here do it so much that it has now become a trend. If you don't tell others you love The Beatles then you're not cool and you don't know anything about music. Yeah right. I do respect them, I just don't like their music. Also, what MasterPenguin said.

Quote from: Harvest on December 14, 2010, 12:40:27 PMI don't understand when people say someone listens to music to be cool or trendy or something.  That is fucking retarded. 

I listen to The Beatles because I tend to enjoy things that are old.  I dislike popular music today, so I go to music that was popular years ago.  Plus, their music is so varied and incredible anyway, and each band member was really cool and unique. 

They're pretty much all I listen to now, I just can't get away from them :O

You may think it's stupid but I know a lot of people who actually are doing that. A lot of them say they love classical music and brag about it when they don't know shit about what classical music is. Same goes with The Beatles. People my age say it's the best group ever and they haven't even listened to all the music they created, they only listen to 5-6 widely known songs and then say they know everything about them. I know some people really respect their works, like you for instance, but I hate seeing people disrespecting an artist's work just because it's cool to do so. To me bragging about how you like an artist when you don't know a thing about his work is disrespecting them.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Dude

Quote from: Saria on December 14, 2010, 03:49:53 PMBecause they are pedophiles. Simple.
I'm not 10 ._.

I mean they're major christian people who keep adding me and I'm like "wtf"

MaestroUGC

Wait, the Beatles are a trend now? I was raised listening to Beatles music so as far as I'm concerned, they will always be one of my favorite non-classical musicians. You also have to admit they accomplished quite a bit the 9 years they were in the studio together.

On another note, The Musical Showdown is starting up again. I'm curious to see if there is anyone here who is interested in playing.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Harvest

@Roz

Ok I see what you're saying then.

What I pictured was people who actually disliked the music they were listening to, but continued to listen to it for fear of not being cool.

Also, at my school listening to the Beatles does not make you cool.  Check almost anyone's iPod here and it will be full of mainstream rap and pop, which I hope we can all agree that for the most part, is absolute garbage.
-

Ruto

Quote from: Dude on December 14, 2010, 04:08:19 PMI'm not 10 ._.

I mean they're major christian people who keep adding me and I'm like "wtf"

There are a lot of people who say they're Christian on facebook, maybe they're just "mass adding" type. Hopefully.  If not, write, "who the hell are you?" then reject/block. I don't like creepers!  >:(

I think you can take yourself off the Facebook search page too.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.