News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruto

Fat sis came home and started to complain about how the trains weren't running today. Apparently the train she was riding in suddenly stopped, the lights went off, and everyone got evacuated. That same train hit somebody who climbed into the tracks to get something but couldn't climb out in time because his shoelaces got caught in a pipe. She saw a fireman (unsuccessfully) pull out the body from the gap between the train and the platform.

o_____o

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 13, 2010, 04:47:50 PMHe was awful performing on Saturday Night live this weekend.

Huge crowd and lots of traffic though o__o

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Roz~

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 13, 2010, 04:47:50 PMHe was awful performing on Saturday Night live this weekend.

He's overrated.

Edit: I have to do a teamwork with a whiny bitch for one of my (numerous) useless classes. She decided that she wanted my part of the work today, but I couldn't finish it on time because of all the things I have to study/do. So now she threatens me and my friend (who's working with us). She won't write our names on that part of the homework. Oh noes! Gee. I hope she dies in the near future. You know, get hit by a car, that kind of stuff. Ohai karma
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Harvest

Paul is old, more of a nostalgia thing at this point.  I enjoy listening to him anyways.

weird how I was actually going to come say that instead of doing anything productive, I listened to the Beatles the entire night...again....I must stop doing this...
-

Roz~

Please anyone tell me what's so awsm about the Beatles' music. It's just average to me. I don't get why people love it so much.

SlowPokemon

Simple, catchy tunes will capture the hearts of most people. ::)

Okay, here's my thought right now:

Who can listen to Wandering Sophie by Joe Hisaishi (from Howl's Moving Castle) without thinking, "that's a good song..."?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Roz~

Harvest

Quote from: Roz~ on December 13, 2010, 07:00:51 PMWell they're not catchy, they're boring.

:O

Boring?!  What?!  WHAAAAT!?
-

MaestroUGC

Apparently no one else on the planet thinks they're boring.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Winter

KefkaticFanatic

They aren't my favorite, but it's not like I don't like them.

It's just that I rarely like vocals in music.

me irl
[close]

Roz~

Hahaha, I like your reactions guys. Don't get me wrong here, I do respect The Beatles as a band, I know they made good music (or at least what can be called that I guess), it's just that I don't understand how can people like their music, because I really don't see what's so special about it.

Jub3r7

I think one of the aspects that are special about them have to do with the fact that the genre was newer back then, maybe?
And since people now think of it as a classic, they automatically love it. Unless I'm wrong, in which case you may point it out.

Some of the Beatles' songs are enjoyable for me, but I can't say they're my favorites.
Jailhouse rock... and... uh. Back in the USSR. and... Oh god I'm terrible.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Roz~

I'm asking because a lot of kids here (kids... well people my age) love them because "they're so good omgomg". You know, people saying they would've loved to live in the 60s-70s and whatnot. Imho they like their music because it's kind of a trend, not because they actually like it. You know how people are cool when they like old-school stuff? That's what I'm talking about.

Winter

Honestly I rarely listen to the Beatles, when I do, I really enjoy how sudden the chord changes and,.. well everything it

and it just flows regardless.

And like Kefka, I usually dislike Vocal music.

DrP

The Beatles (as well as Pink Floyd) were the first bands I ever listened to (around age 12) and then I divorced them... I'll listen to Beatles music on occasion

I do LOVE 80s Rock, though!

And some other stuff from the 60s and 70s and a bit of modern stuff, though it's mostly crap