News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobraroll

Quote from: Roz~ on December 09, 2010, 02:26:49 PMMore like he started the fic trend on nsm?

Yes. The forum had been dead for months and months before I started writing. And it kept being dead save for my replies as I wrote too.  :D I'm definitely not the one responsible for the bristling activity there now. And while I like to write mine, it's no saying I think it's the best. The number of replies should reflect that mine is actually quite lackustre and/or uninteresting (tl;dr, anyone?). Still, I want to finish it, then perhaps rewrite parts of it. One day.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Ruto

Quote from: Cobraroll on December 10, 2010, 09:05:31 AMYes. The forum had been dead for months and months before I started writing. And it kept being dead save for my replies as I wrote too.  :D I'm definitely not the one responsible for the bristling activity there now. And while I like to write mine, it's no saying I think it's the best. The number of replies should reflect that mine is actually quite lackustre and/or uninteresting (tl;dr, anyone?). Still, I want to finish it, then perhaps rewrite parts of it. One day.

I wish I can always look back at my old work and say it's good. But yeah. that never happens  :D. I'm either too scared to share my mediocre writing or I write about fandoms you guys probably don't know about. Still it's great to know that people like to write here! Now we've got every type of nerd  ;D

Say, we should have a good fanfic sharing thread there...xD

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

SuperFireKirby

Darnit. AdBlock doesn't block youtube ads anymore.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Roz~

Yeah, sucks. I hate them.

No more philosophy class ever! woo!
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

DrP

Finals, Over.
4 Hour Drive home, Over.
Christmas Break, just beginning!

It feels so nice that I don't have to worry about finals when I return, because it's completely different classes and new times I go to class! Yay!

Harvest

woo weekend, then last week of school.  Then two weeks, then back to school for likely the worst month in the history of schooling. 1:15 worth of presentations..and I fucking hate presentations :D  I can't even stand 1 minute presentations...and here I am...with a 15 minutes one, a 20 minute one, and a fucking 40 minute one.  All around the same time.  Also, multiple god damn essays again, and then exams.  Fuck.

After exams, I'm going to do heroin or something and die.
-

Winter

Hey, Arranging is pretty exciting after all! Even by ear! Thanks for pushing me to do this Slow, I would've procrastinated forever.

DrP

Quote from: Harvest on December 10, 2010, 03:07:59 PMwoo weekend, then last week of school.  Then two weeks, then back to school for likely the worst month in the history of schooling. 1:15 worth of presentations..and I fucking hate presentations :D  I can't even stand 1 minute presentations...and here I am...with a 15 minutes one, a 20 minute one, and a fucking 40 minute one.  All around the same time.  Also, multiple god damn essays again, and then exams.  Fuck.

After exams, I'm going to do heroin or something and die.

Really??? I once spent an entire class period (80 minutes) with a Powerpoint and a lecture on NASA! IT was epic. Presentations are amazing... especially since you can go in-depth into detail. I had 3 presentations this last quarter and they were 7-9 minutes and I the buzzer almost went off on me the first time. (well, I love to talk)

Ruto

If you can see colleges in New York...I have classmates that don't even know how to use PowerPoint.

Presentations >> Exams :D

DrP

I'm guessing they can't use Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher or Access???

And here I am able to use all MS Office programs and iWork.

I guess the only NYC college that can use some sort of program is Pratt with Photoshop and InDesign!

SUNY Albany has a better track record for the state

Ruto

:)

SUNY Albany is only "ehhh". I got into their honors college but I didn't end up going there so I have no idea what the students are like xD

I can use most of the above (MS Office), which explains why I feel really frustrated at how my group can't do anything. Excel becomes second nature if you've used it a lot. I've used Photoshop, but not at the level of art students. Just simple things like using it to sketch lab diagrams, simple color edits/effects, but not prints I can sell.

Harvest

Quote from: drpamplemousse on December 10, 2010, 04:10:52 PMReally??? I once spent an entire class period (80 minutes) with a Powerpoint and a lecture on NASA! IT was epic. Presentations are amazing... especially since you can go in-depth into detail. I had 3 presentations this last quarter and they were 7-9 minutes and I the buzzer almost went off on me the first time. (well, I love to talk)

haha and I'd love to punch you in the face!
-

Winter

DrP

Well, let me put it this way. I love giving presentations as much as you love getting plastered on a rainy saturday night

universe-X

Oh snap.

Presentations are alright if you have something worthy enough to be shared.

Me: Who wants to hear about biomedical engineering? Class: Do we have a choice? (means NO)
Me: Nope. :P

But once you show them pictures such as a bionic arm or the world's first artificial finger made out of tree branches, it becomes worthy.