News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on December 06, 2010, 04:52:37 PMDriver's license get...only one month away from 18.

Hoooooo

Also, Oregon Organ Donor status

Wait, you actually have to wait until you're 18 to get a DL?

Winter

I get mine at 17 1/2

cause I got my permit at 16 1/2

I think oregon may be that way though, I used to live there

DrP

Oh, that kinda sucks.

Here it's 15 1/2, and I got my DL a few months after my 16th birthday.

Jub3r7

I don't think my parents will feel like paying for insurance money when I turn 18.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

KefkaticFanatic

I said that I got it, but only a month away from 18 :P

I got my permit like 2 years ago, just too lazy to get my license -.-

me irl
[close]

Maretocks

We can go for our 'L''s at 16. We are allowed to drive with one passenger who has their full license. The application is a simple 36 multiple choice questionnaire, that requires a score of 71% or higher; I got 86% on the first practise test I did, and 91% on the second. I'm going to get mine next week or so.

At 18, you must have recorded 120 hours of driving in a logbook. You can then apply for your 'P''s. You are allowed to drive with one passenger I'm pretty sure.

Not sure when you can apply for your full license. It's after a certain amount of hours on the road I'm fairly certain.

You guys have it good.
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

dahans

I got my "full license" with 17. :D Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Harvest

Wasn't a snow day.

Stayed home anyway, was pissed.
-

Tranzlater

In england you drive at 17 =/
But you drink at 18 =D
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

dahans

In austria you drink with 16 ANYTHING. It's horrible. Binge drinking is really common among you people here...
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Cobraroll

In Norway, you can practise driving at 16 (provided that your supervisor is at least 23 years old, and has had his/her license for at least five years without losing it), and take the test at 18, earning you a license.

Also, you drink light beverages at 18. Has to be 20 to buy stronger drinks.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Ruto

The age limit doesn't really stop kids from drinking beer.  :D

Bahh, 21 and still have no license. And no car to practice on...the driving test here is pretty tough. Still too many unsafe drivers here though.  Maybe a bribe is in order.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

SuperFireKirby

The first and most important rule of the road: Everyone else is a terrible driver.

Also, new artwork. Check it out.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

arqivus

My driving instructor(teacher) told me once: "When you're on a crossroad never trust a woman driving a car, who's coming from the left side and is signalling to turn right". My friend failed the driving exam in that way...

DrP

Quote from: Ruto on December 07, 2010, 11:27:57 AMThe age limit doesn't really stop kids from drinking beer.  :D

Bahh, 21 and still have no license. And no car to practice on...the driving test here is pretty tough. Still too many unsafe drivers here though.  Maybe a bribe is in order.

People here underage drink cause it's "cool" then after they turn 21, they don't drink like crazy anymore, well, most of them!

In the State of California, you take a test after completing a class at age 15 1/2 and then you take driving lessons where an instructor (over the age of 25) signs the permit, allowing you to drive with a person in "la place du mort" and you must drive 40 hours, 10 in extreme conditions (rain or nighttime). Once the 40 hours are fulfilled, you go to the DMV (insert DMV joke here) and make an appointment to get your provisional driver's license. You must be age 16 at this point. You take a driving test with a guy that issues licenses. If you pass, you are granted a provisional license, meaning you can't drive anyone under age 25 unless an exception with proper documentation. After 1 year this, plus the 11 PM to 5 AM curse is lifted and you have a full fledged license (even though it's the same card!)

Phew!