News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

I can just imagine 6 year old Harvest walking up to his parents and saying "Guys, I know God is a fucking hoax. But I still believe in Santa, so don't worry."

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Saria

Quote from: Ruto on November 18, 2010, 04:43:36 PMAlso, didn't you catch us wrapping up presents at midnight when you were 9? You should ask the sisters with more money for gifts, it isn't my fault if they decide to give you clothes.

No. That was a year after I found out. I was in third grade, age 8.
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

Jub3r7

What a wonderful holiday discussion about Christmas!
Oh yeah, it's almost Thanksgiving, isn't it?
Meh, I just get to visit relatives on Thanksgiving.
It's not boring, but I can't exactly call it a roller coaster, either...

God is the physical manifestation used to represent goodness and stuff having a mind of its own.
So, yeah, some people don't believe in metaphors. [/drop discussion]

Santa?

Santa is representative of blablabla and receiving gifts in the hearts of all blablablabla.
Summarization, he is the physical manifestation of Christmas spirit. Et Cetera, et cetera.

He can't use the chimney because he's too fat? Guess what. Metaphors don't need physical entrances into your home.
They have plenty of other ways...

GAWD NO PEDOBEAR YOU ARE NOT A METAPHOR, GET OUT OF MY HOUSE.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SuperFireKirby

Santa is the manifestation of comporate greed and marketing.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Jub3r7

Corporate greed and marketing can twist and deform any physical manifestation they want into money making schemes.

Although I guess that makes both of us right. Preachers get paid, don't they?
Although preaching may or may not have started out being truthful and honest, some preachers believe in what they preach while others only do it to make money...

Ruto

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

DrP

Even Rick Warren makes money... not by a church salary, but by his books... but they usually have a small salary everywhere else

Brassman388

Jub3r7

Quote from: Jub3r7 on November 17, 2010, 05:30:31 PMTheater was depressing today.

This one girl in my group~ she wrote her monologue while arguing with her ex-boyfriend, saying how she had been cheating on him.
He told her that he didn't care, that he still loved her...
She said that he was the only  guy she ever truly cared about.

The monologue included "Another reason I hate you is because on the inside, I think I might still love you."
It was directed at him.
He died last night, from a bullet to the head after protecting another girl from getting raped...

Another girl in my group could related to that.
Her boyfriend had committed suicide earlier in the year, leaving a note...

The original girl had a rough week. Her older brother had died from a gunshot on the way home, a few days before her ex died.

We took her to the counseling office...
The other girl said not to go to Mrs. [pseudonym A], because she had sent her to a mental hospital when she was crying one day.
She suggested seeing Mr. [pseudonym B], because he was more laid-back or something.

Me and the other girl came back to class, we discussed how the monologue I selected had really deep meaning in one of the lines...

"We are all mad, crazy, nuts, psycho. It's true.
Walk down the street and look into the eyes of the man or woman you walk past.
It's hidden...
It's hidden.
I forget who said that we are all living quiet lives of desperation, but I believe we are.
The smiles, the charms... it's all fake. All smokescreen.
...We all suffer within, don't we?"

I want to maybe become a psychologist some day. To save people from this...
torture. I have experienced it, many others have been experiencing it.
I walk down the hall, and see it in the eyes of the boy or girl that I walk past...
She got a call. Apparently, the bullet wound made it a requirement for him to get a heart transplant.
She was crying all night/morning when she heard that he died, but...
He's alive! It's as if he was revived to her, it was a miracle to her.
It sounds terrible that he needs a heart transplant, but it's better than being dead.

Now she just has to figure out how to... say goodbye to a boyfriend with...
4 mil dollars in his bank account. He's half Puerto Rican, half Mexican...

For one thing, she might have a hard time letting the money go to see her ex. But...
I'm more afraid of whether or not her boyfriend will let her leave... with his bank account number.
Based on where he lives and how much money he has, there's a good chance that not all of his professions were legal...

SlowPokemon

Have you ever noticed that on the list of smileys above your posting area, the one with sunglasses is easy to miss?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SlowPokemon

Oh my freaking god, this just takes the cake. I went on Pokecharms, and this was the message on the screen--

Sorry SlowPokemon, you are banned from using this forum!
You've consistently proved yourself incapable of being tolerant to other members' opinions, and you've had more than enough chances.
This ban is not set to expire.

Truthfully, I'm glad. Those annoying, stuck-up idiots should never have been graced with my presence.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MasterPenguin

Just make a new account, then disagree with their opinions a bit more.

Ruto

Unless they've banned your IP address...lol.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

MasterPenguin

It takes longer to type this message then it does to change your IP address.

Winter

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 19, 2010, 04:11:57 AMHave you ever noticed that on the list of smileys above your posting area, the one with sunglasses is easy to miss?

Wow you said that before in the exact same wording once.... isn't that like a Double-posting class of it's own?

Haha yeah so i was typing this reply and it look me a good 5 mins to find the damn smiley..

8)