News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maretocks

<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

Cobraroll

Quote from: universe-X on November 07, 2010, 03:38:32 PMBored, so might as well put this up:
SM64 - Inside the Castle for String Quartet

Tell me how it is, thanks. :P

The first half of it is, to say it outright, awesome. However, the second part seems a little "thin" compared to the original. The SM64 track has the first half being rather "cut up", then the second half comes in, with a very "warm" feeling. It's almost as if the piece is swelling up when the horn kicks in. And that horn might just be the reason why the second half of your arrangement seems a little off. Without it (it's a string quartet after all), you'll have to improvise. Perhaps you could have the violins play a little more from measure 18 on, to add more volume to the piece.

Just my two cents.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: universe-X on November 07, 2010, 03:38:32 PMYou should never be ashamed of being Asian, smart-ass. (see what I did there?)

I must defend my honor! Have at me!

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Jub3r7

When I make a mistake, I say it's because I'm only half-asian.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Saria

Quote from: Jub3r7 on November 08, 2010, 01:42:04 PMWhen I make a mistake, I say it's because I'm only half-asian.

Everybody makes mistakes. That's why they put erasers on pencils.
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

Jub3r7

Was that philosophy or something you meant literally?

universe-X

Quote from: Cobraroll on November 08, 2010, 11:25:04 AMThe first half of it is, to say it outright, awesome. However, the second part seems a little "thin" compared to the original. The SM64 track has the first half being rather "cut up", then the second half comes in, with a very "warm" feeling. It's almost as if the piece is swelling up when the horn kicks in. And that horn might just be the reason why the second half of your arrangement seems a little off. Without it (it's a string quartet after all), you'll have to improvise. Perhaps you could have the violins play a little more from measure 18 on, to add more volume to the piece.

Hmm... well, the piece is actually divided up into 4 parts for me. The first section. The second section is when the first section repeats + transition. The third section is the transition + the first viola soli + cello part. Then the fourth section is actually the violins substituting the cellos in section 3 and then the cellos are playing the horn part (I hope I got those notes right :-X). So, maybe the cello needs to be brought out...?

Anyways, it's not the machine that needs the emotional accuracy, it's the player ;)

Saria

Quote from: Jub3r7 on November 08, 2010, 02:40:20 PMWas that philosophy or something you meant literally?

It's from "The Simpsons." Carl said that.
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

Jub3r7

Harvest

fu..really want to study in Germany for a year during university..well..I was told classes are taught in English...I thought I'd go there to learn the language, be immersed in it..However, it depends on the exchange program.  The only program I can apply to, is only taught in German..so I either master the language in like 2 years or I don't go..lol..looks like I'm not going.'

fuck. I can't learn a language from a damn book, I must live there!
-

SuperFireKirby

Meh, got to read a book called The Founding Brothers. I'm about 100 pages into it. It's not bad, it's just such a tedious task to read due to the insane amount of detail it goes into.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Harvest

:O and then I found a program where you spend a month in the summer in Germany learning the language quickly...also..it is paid for by the Ontario government.  I just need to get accepted.  fuck.  DO WANT.
-

Jub3r7

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Harvest on November 08, 2010, 06:42:53 PM:O and then I found a program where you spend a month in the summer in Germany learning the language quickly...also..it is paid for by the Ontario government.  I just need to get accepted.  fuck.  DO WANT.
4th Reich, here we come...

It's clever because I'm implying Harvest is a nazi.

Harvest

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on November 08, 2010, 06:47:39 PM4th Reich, here we come...

It's clever because I'm implying Harvest is a nazi.

There was a time in my life when I thought I was going to be part of a new Reich...

..but anyway..I want to live in Germany to fight in any ethnic wars that break out there.
-