News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

I think I tried transcribing something while sitting in front of a piano once. It was quite fun, I should probably try it again sometime. I'm stuck just comparing Finale's playback with a recording and making adjustments.

Maretocks

Ahh, thanks. :D

I was just wondering if the little arranging I HAVE done has been in a more or less efficient manner. I think I'll actually start getting some decent stuff done now.
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

The Deku Trombonist

Don't bother yourself too much with efficiency at the moment (unless of course it's hindering your motivation). Accuracy of the notes is more important, efficiency will come with time and learning tricks and things to use in Finale.

WiiMan96

Currently I don't transcribe all lines of a song, I arrange it for piano straight off the bat. :P Once I improve a little and I get faster at it I think transcribing first would be better though.

Maretocks

The hindering of the motivation is a major part of it. :P And of course I'll make sure the notes are accurate, and timing etc. It just helps knowing that others do it that way as well. Again, thanks. :D

Yeah, I think I'll just sit at my piano and arrange it by ear unless I can find a decent MIDI from which I can just cut and paste bits.
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

WiiMan96

Yeah, I arranged completely by MIDI for well over two years now, and let me tell you arranging by ear is much more satisfying, less limiting, and often creates a much more playable sheet.

Maretocks

I can imagine it'd be more fun making it your own, in that sense too.
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

KefkaticFanatic

Especially since arranging by MIDI is essentially stealing somebody else's work and just modifying the format.

me irl
[close]

Winter

I'm playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue rescue team, and every time I go up against Zapdos, my partner decides to stop sing exclusive moves and attack wimpishly, so of course I set it to exclusive move user, and now he just stands there while i constantly disable and attack Zapdos! I can't win, this is odd considering I've beat this game twice before.

What can I do?

Ruto

I would level up my Pokemon a bit more. You really can't trust the computer to make smart decisions (let's say your Pokemon only knew 1 "real attack"). I'd rescue you or something but I am stuck in the Silver Trench, awaiting rescue!  ;D

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Winter

I guess I could rescue YOU.... I'd need help configuring my ds to the internet though

Okay I'm grounded, talk to everyone tomorrow.

Winter

SuperFireKirby

I've got tests in Physics, AP U.S., History, and Trigonometry tomorrow. How fun.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Jub3r7

You don't need wifi to do a rescue mission.

Ruto, if you give him the mission rescue code, he can enter it in his DS.

When he has completed that mission, it will give him a code to tell you.
Then, you enter it in your DS, and you've been rescued!
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]