News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

Quote from: Harvest on November 01, 2010, 01:13:10 PMI'm interested to see if Prop 19 passes tomorrow. 

I voted Yes. We shall see... the Feds (the AG) said that they would prosecute CA if it passes... but meh, pot is already decriminalized here in the US (unless youre dealing it)

Quote from: Ruto on November 01, 2010, 10:52:01 AMI've heard of "helluva" and "holla" but not "hella". One of them should be used for meter purposes, the other is never said by people like me. I will smack the Gwen Stefani out of your voice if you do.

Hella is a term that people from NorCal (usually the bay area) use that is just a word to emphasize something, e.g. "that was hella awesome or this is hella cool"

People from SoCal (who are the awesomer, for the record) hate this word and basically hate NorCal people... CA is totally divided by a war between who's better: NorCal with their "hella" chill lifestyle with the SF Giants or SoCal with the constant busy lifestyle with the LA Dodgers and the Angels <3

This is just a small semblance in the war... if there is anyone from NorCal on here (or SoCal) they will understand

KefkaticFanatic

The problem is that people don't think about the violence related with the whole trade.  And they especially don't consider how bad it is in Mexico.  Legalizing it here would only worsen the conditions there as drug lords have a mass, legal market to ship their illegal goods to.

me irl
[close]

Jub3r7

Drug dealers make more money because the customers have to pay for the service fee of doing something against the law...
So if they made it legal, drugs would be cheaper, and cause the drug dealers to make less money per person.
Unless the customer count increased BECAUSE it was legal... which I doubt.
If they come up with statistics of more drug usage than before, it would only be because all those extra drugs were very well hidden...
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jub3r7

Yeah, let's have a topic change...
Let's take a break... from... all the work...
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Harvest

Quote from: drpamplemousse on November 01, 2010, 01:20:06 PMI voted Yes. We shall see... the Feds (the AG) said that they would prosecute CA if it passes... but meh, pot is already decriminalized here in the US (unless youre dealing it)

Silly, just like they prosecuted Arizona for enacting an awesome immigration law.

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on November 01, 2010, 01:45:19 PMThe problem is that people don't think about the violence related with the whole trade.  And they especially don't consider how bad it is in Mexico.  Legalizing it here would only worsen the conditions there as drug lords have a mass, legal market to ship their illegal goods to.

First, fuck Mexico.  Second, doesn't this law state you can grow your own pot?  Pretty sure everyone should just grow their own pot.  I fucking would!

-

SuperFireKirby

Smoking marijuana or anything for that matter is idiotic. The only reason the government is even considering legalizing pot is so they can tax it. The tax will probably be twice what tobacco is. They'll make a shitload of money and they know it. Otherwise, it'd never happen. Greed is a pothead's friend.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Concerto No.20 in D minor

Quote from: MasterPenguin on October 31, 2010, 08:40:31 PMIt's almost christmas, my avatar is almost in style. :D
You know, just because that was a special avatar, doesn't mean you can't change it.  >..>

Harvest

-

SuperFireKirby

Oh yes paying money to burn leaves then inhalethe smoke produced is such a great idea. Especially the part where you have to pay money to burn what you payed for. So smart.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Harvest

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on November 01, 2010, 04:07:51 PMOh yes paying money to burn leaves then inhalethe smoke produced is such a great idea. Especially the part where you have to pay money to burn what you payed for. So smart.

Hey man I agree with you there.
-

Dude

DrP

Quote from: Harvest on November 01, 2010, 02:52:00 PMSilly, just like they prosecuted Arizona for enacting an awesome immigration law.

First, fuck Mexico.  Second, doesn't this law state you can grow your own pot?  Pretty sure everyone should just grow their own pot.  I fucking would!

YES! (about immigration)! It doesn't really matter about the Mexican Drug Cartels either. By US Law, Cartels are illegal (well, duh!) and by opening a legal market will make the drug bosses quite angry (because they basically run mexico) and might have negative consequences... and Marijuana's largest market is here in the US, with Tennessee coming in second and Kentucky in third... California just has easy access to Mexico and trade routes

You can grow up to 25 sq ft per person consuming the marijuana... and you can carry up to an ounce of it where ever. You can't smoke it in public however.

Currently in California, Marijuana is decriminalized (meaning no jail time) for first and second offenses and if you have medical marijauna, you can grow up to eight plants for "personal use" (and people usually sell the rest because they can live off of one or two)

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on November 01, 2010, 04:07:51 PMOh yes paying money to burn leaves then inhalethe smoke produced is such a great idea. Especially the part where you have to pay money to burn what you payed for. So smart.
indeed... im hinting this is some sort of sarcasm and thinking "OMG. This is totally a NEW idea". If this is true, I really could care less about whether MJ is legal or not. All I care about is the tax revenue that we will attain from it, adding it to our agricultural market (which makes up almost 80% of the CA goods industry) and will further the state economy to help our total GDP. Also, California won't need to spend money on keeping marijuana offenders in jail and can allow police forces to focus on other crimes like rape, muder and grand theft

Winter

so incense is idiotic? firewood is idiotic? candles are idiotic?

sorry :p but there's a whole different angle to marijuana..

people buy it not for the leaf, but for the byproduct it creates when burned.

Incense= smell
firewood= heat and light
candles=light and smell

marijuana= to each their own!

universe-X

As I read this topic, I'm able to understand more and more the pessimistic side of conversations.

Carry on.