The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

well, with all due respect... do you even know the process of the American legal system???

you could file in small claims court for a small fee (I think it is 25 dollars)

But that still wouldn't be the case. a company might go do that... especially if it is a local place and not a chain... that could be detrimental to their business since they have to compete with the chains and other local places (one reason why I hate pizza hut... their product is low quality, too).

Once someone files the complaint, anything could happen.

You could sue someone for being the ugliest person you know and file it, but it would be dismissed by the LAWYERS, not the JUDGES as a demurrer, not because it is stupid.

Dude

Ruto

This happened a while back.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5429164/woman_sues_united_airlines_for_false.html?cat=16

Obviously that was the most stupid case to make the news.  The fact she even got a lawyer surprises me too.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

universe-X

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on October 12, 2010, 10:33:49 PMwhy
Distracted too much by studying, plus I have to wait for the time it takes to download & convert the songs I want into MP3/Video (YouTube).

Quote from: drpamplemousse, MasterPenguin, Dude, Kefka, about the whole "taking it to court" stuffCourt stuff
People prank call all the time. It's only if you're interrupting police officers (times of real emergency) that they actually do something about it. Of course, only a special retard would call 911 -_-

Anyways, this whole entertainment thing comes at a cost... $47 for using the 411 number. It costs $2 for each time that I use it. :P

Karma, what would I do without you?

Jub3r7

Make more prank calls?

Quote from: Brassman388 on October 11, 2010, 12:59:50 PMThen I guess I'll just have to kill myself.

He hasn't posted in this thread since three pages ago, when he said this...

Edit: It says he's been active today, but that was the last time he posted on this website at all...
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

DrP

I just got my ballot in the mail today!!! It looks like I'm voting... ... and DONE!!!!

Let's see what change WE can believe in this November... harty-har-har!!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

KefkaticFanatic

Nothing.  Many of the GOP candidates have no chance, a chance that was not at all helped by a bunch of tea party lunatics winning primaries.

So now we'll just have more of the same democrats trying to push some legislation and fucktard republicans doing nothing but blocking it.

me irl
[close]

universe-X

Quote from: Jub3r7 on October 13, 2010, 02:50:19 PMHe hasn't posted in this thread since three pages ago, when he said this...
Edit: It says he's been active today, but that was the last time he posted on this website at all...
You cannot be serious if you took his comment seriously. Please tell me you're kidding.

Dude

I might actually vote democratic this year. :(

No republican looks worthy of my vote.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

universe-X

That reminds me, conversation on the bus:

- [North] Africans ride camels.
- Then Indians ride elephants.
- USA?
- Cars. "Pre-Owned", not used.
- What's the difference?
- One sounds fancier.
- Sooo, what about Alaska?
- Sarah Palin.

:P

DrP

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on October 13, 2010, 08:46:01 PMNot even constantly masturbating hobbit witch Christine O'Donnell?

She's the new Sarah Palin.

Quote from: Dude on October 13, 2010, 08:05:39 PMI might actually vote democratic this year. :(

No republican looks worthy of my vote.

Just don't come to California and vote democratic... Babs has to go... we do need some sort of change up (and she's like Nancy Pelosi's senate contact).

On another note: November looks like it might turn out like the 1994 November elections :D

Ruto

I don't think I've ever seen such bad candidates for governor ever. Does democracy even work? -__-

It's down to the lesser of two evils again.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.