News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

Shadoninja

piano, electric and upright bass, and bassoon(I wish I owned one)
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

The Deku Trombonist

Shadoninja

the one's i have seen are. though i saw one that was like $500 CAN used.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Dude

SuperRiolu

Quote from: Dude on September 28, 2010, 06:22:49 AMSomething is seriously wrong with me then.

Kinda, it's just if you have it really bad. It's all different between cases (this is from what I know... we had to learn about learning disorders for a psychological class last year)

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on September 28, 2010, 02:02:50 AMWhy, are bassoons really expensive?

Usually, a nice one can run upwards of 7000 dollars
I'm just going to spend my summer here in California doing so many things. There are a lot of things to do here!

universe-X

Wow, and I thought cellos were expensive. A regular one would cost around $2000. :-X

Apparently, dimples are a birth defect that make people look good. :3

DrP

Well, a custom, Buffet R-13 with everything is 7000 dollars!!!

SlowPokemon

Currently learning Joplin's Maple Leaf Rag via my teacher's request (order). It might be pretty easy but GOD THAT IS A COOL SONG

I love ragtime, actually. The Entertainer and Maple Leaf Rag are both great, eh?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

They are the overplayed Rag songs... I LOVE Searchlight Rag (the only Rag besides The Entertainer that I can play)... I am focusing on this epic 10 movement piece with 60 other people in WOWE (Wind Orchestra, Wind Ensemble) called "Carmina Burana"... it sounds so awesome.... especially coming from a WE that had 6 kids total

I still can't play Maple Leaf... it is just to confusing sometimes. So now im just focusing on my WO music!!!

KefkaticFanatic

Meh, rag is interesting for a bit, then it just gets/sounds boring.

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

I can understand what you mean by that... once you've heard one, you've heard them all.

But those two Joplin pieces stand out to me.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

Yep... well, Cantina Band from Star Wars is a Rag and it doesn't seem like Joplin's works!

Rags are just extremely repetitive... it is what classifies it as a Rag!

Harvest

So I did acid on the weekend..but this time I took a recommendation from the internet saying I should stimulate my mind intellectually.

So I did just that, I read parts of a book, I studied, I drew, I wrote, I analyzed music and looked at nature deeply.

So I think this time instead of coming out of it as a complete mess, I've sort of rejuvenated my intellectual spirit.  I've been reading things like mad and critically thinking about it, remembering things more, having more well constructed opinions on things and being able to debate more effectively.

I guess since lsd does change how your brain works, since I was stimulating it while it was changing, I changed it for the better.

I'm going to go read a fucking book.
-

Ruto

Quote from: Dude on September 28, 2010, 06:22:49 AMSomething is seriously wrong with me then.

Not exactly.

Quote from: Harvest on September 28, 2010, 05:38:53 PMSo I think this time instead of coming out of it as a complete mess, I've sort of rejuvenated my intellectual spirit.  I've been reading things like mad and critically thinking about it, remembering things more, having more well constructed opinions on things and being able to debate more effectively.

I guess since lsd does change how your brain works, since I was stimulating it while it was changing, I changed it for the better.

I'm going to go read a fucking book.

Lol I need to do that with orgo...the professor killed the class for me. First with his horrible acid, then the fact I can't breathe in the overcrowded lecture hall, then his 'threats' to fail me because there's a glitch in the attendance system he instituted a month after the beginning of class. Physics/astronomy is so much better. And classical literature. Now where can I get some...

Oh yeah, if you can (Harvest), read about the ancient Greeks  :). Then you can find more flaws with today's society or at least find the roots of the flaws.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.