News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dude

Quote from: universe-X on September 27, 2010, 05:53:58 PMThere's this one guy who can name the first 50 numbers in Pi correctly, and has Aspergers's Syndrome. He says the numbers "appear in front of him" as he says them. To me, it's probably just subconcious math. :P
Fixed. I saw that report too.

If you didn't know, Asperger's Syndrome is on the very very light side on the scale of autism

DrP

Back in the day, I was able to do so much math in my head... I ranked in my school in math and the only reason why I didn't get in the 100th percentile, was that I didn't do my work by hand and I couldn't finish in the allotted time!

Now, I can't even to calculus... so im sticking with stats!!! woo, minitab!

Hell, I can't even do mechanics in Physics, yet I can do some complex Chem problems!

Harvest

Quote from: Dude on September 27, 2010, 05:49:06 PMFyi, Special Ed =/= Resource

Special Ed students are kids who have a slight learning or social disability (like me).

Resource students are just full blown retarded (like Autism or Down's Syndrome).

Sorry if that was a little bit offensive :3

Well here they're all special ed....
-

Jub3r7

The main character in my story is in special ed;
but he hates himself when he realizes that he feels the same way about special ed kids as normal people do.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SlowPokemon

Your story's not long or deep enough for you to have any explanations of your characters. :P

Quote from: Dude on September 27, 2010, 05:57:42 PMFixed. I saw that report too.

If you didn't know, Asperger's Syndrome is on the very very light side on the scale of autism

Isn't Asperger's just pretty much social issues, or is that something else?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jub3r7

It's extremely short, but it's a metaphor of how my science teacher is making me feel.
I'm not actually special ed, but my science teacher and some other students treat me that way.
Which is why I can give an in-depth explanation of how Travis feels.

Edit: I didn't make it a really long story for two reasons:
1. I had limited time, and
2. I didn't want to burst out crying in front of my journalism teacher. XD
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Dude

HugoMeister

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

DrP

Quote from: Dude on September 27, 2010, 07:08:21 PMhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome
Yes and a little more.

Yep... its all based on genetics (usually from the father's side... no wonder why he lacks social skills like moi... though i do love to talk and give presentations, so I've overcome that... but one-on-one... im screwed!)

It basically is a "genetic mutation" that leads to a slightly frontal lobe formation, thus under-developing skills needed to interact... I have a few friends who have even worse AS than I do... their motor skills become slightly impaired... also, a reason why AS people are smart, we have a stunted desire for sex, so we focus on meaningful stuff like studying, playing music or doing other constructive stuff...

see Frontal Lobe for more details

Ruto

^The symptoms of AS are a bit ambiguous if you ask me. Except for that one-on-one thing.

But people get dumber in general once they find a boyfriend/girlfriend though! Suddenly it's 'ohh I don't have time for you, it's 9 AM and I'm off too see that other person!'

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Brassman388

Can't seem to get in the groove of transcribing anymore...

Concerto No.20 in D minor

Quote from: Ruto on September 27, 2010, 11:04:45 PM^The symptoms of AS are a bit ambiguous if you ask me. Except for that one-on-one thing.

I feel the same way.  People hear AS and figure you're messed up when in reality the definition is screwed up.  I blame doctors for just diagnosing people incorrectly.  They should just rename it and reclassify it.

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Brassman388 on September 27, 2010, 11:05:41 PMCan't seem to get in the groove of transcribing anymore...
Oddly enough, I seem to be experiencing the same thing at the moment.

Shadoninja

i'm still full of arranging energy.

been browsing through videos about the tromboon and other weird reed/mouthpiece switching combination's and i realized just how much i miss band.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman