News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HugoMeister

I've never even heard of Touhou Reimu Yukkuri. Its so obscure.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

Dude

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on September 21, 2010, 07:42:19 PMDon't be a douche hipster with your man-purse.
I can be what I want! :(

Quote from: HugoMeister on September 21, 2010, 07:48:15 PMI've never even heard of Touhou Reimu Yukkuri. Its so obscure.
I'm assuming that's sarcasm?

Harvest

hmmm..my only work shift this week was cut...I've never had a shift cut..ever...

oh well, I now have a saturday off!!!  SLEEPING IN PLUS A FULL DAY OF NOTHING (acid)

happiness..just need to get through the rest of this awful week..including that presentation and mounds of homework..

so far..everyone's topic has been an attempt at humour or entertainment..and here I come with serious(interesting) facts about stem cells..going to be so boring(interesting) for them..
-

Ruto

Quote from: Harvest on September 21, 2010, 08:00:45 PMso far..everyone's topic has been an attempt at humour or entertainment..and here I come with serious(interesting) facts about stem cells..going to be so boring(interesting) for them..

Have you showed them the picture of that mouse with an ear growing out if its back?

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Maretocks

Quote from: Ruto on September 21, 2010, 02:16:21 PMThe Big Bang's been proven...:D

Before the Big Bang, everything was energy, not matter. There are theories of how that became the universe today.

I can go on and on....lol undergrad astronomy.
Oh, really? :3 Still. Most of it's only theory. I'm not saying it's definitely wrong, just that we can never be 100% sure because we weren't there. And so what created the energy etc? That's what I'm mainly asking.

I'm so studying astronomy. ^_^
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

Ruto

Theory of relativity can only take you back so far... :P

The earliest known time is the Planck era and there's stuff about the 4 fundamental forces (strong nuclear, weak nuclear, electromagnetic and gravitational) being unified at that time, antimatter, temperature and density being "infinity" (lol, the temperature of space now is 3K and cooling), etc. But yeah, science can't tell you what is before the Big Bang right now. 

I read this text for my class, you can get a cheap, older edition copy here or if that's too expensive, this one. I've been told that the different editions don't change too much.

It's pretty easy to read and there are lots of nice pictures.

Maretocks

Indeed.

Awesome, thanks. :D I'll definitely check that out. And I think I'll go with the $5 one. :P Hopefully it's more explanatory than Wiki. :P
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

Brassman388

Jub3r7

If I start composing music, should I use Finale Notepad? It's 10$.
I compose music all the time, but I never write it down, leading me to eventually forget it....

Also, the reason I'm asking this is the same reason I've been dominating the off-topic thread.
This forum is mostly about video games and their music; I've been able to contribute a little bit to them....
But I haven't been able to compare the making of sheet music with others, at all.

I want to be able to contribute more posts outside of the off-topic thread.

So, should I get Finale Notepad for 10$, or is there a cheaper one that works just as well?
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Ruto

Quote from: Jub3r7 on September 22, 2010, 07:57:37 AMIf I start composing music, should I use Finale Notepad? It's 10$.
I compose music all the time, but I never write it down, leading me to eventually forget it....

Also, the reason I'm asking this is the same reason I've been dominating the off-topic thread.
This forum is mostly about video games and their music; I've been able to contribute a little bit to them....
But I haven't been able to compare the making of sheet music with others, at all.

I want to be able to contribute more posts outside of the off-topic thread.

So, should I get Finale Notepad for 10$, or is there a cheaper one that works just as well?

The '08 version is free: http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=2223.msg66121#msg66121

If you're really lazy and don't want to register with the software's website, you can google search the download. There are other sites that host it (but aren't supposed to).  Notepad is not much at all...too may features that you might need aren't included.

Jub3r7

I already signed up with Finale to get reader, so I wouldn't mind.
What composing program do you use?
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Ruto

I have Allegro, but there are still a few things it can't do. It's good enough!  ;D

SuperRiolu

I managed to get a copy of SongWriter... I just don't arrange or compose much, so it really isn't use for me
I'm just going to spend my summer here in California doing so many things. There are a lot of things to do here!

Shadoninja

I have allegro and i'm trying to get finale 2011. notepad should be fine for writing out ideas and then using those ideas to create something larger. that's how I did my first composition at least.

this into this which turned into this.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

DrP

I have a full blown copy of Finale 2010 that I use for arranging... it supports all my needs and stuff.

What is even better news... I love how my class with almost 500 people has had the room refurbished... so the seats are SOOOO comfy and SOOOOO easy to fall asleep in!!